Strange XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
OK..i Formated...my XP...again..... :lol: :lol: .....

now i am fasing a funny problem.....when am in 800*600 mode every thing woks fine.......but when i switch to 1024*786.....my display turns to 16Bit....and my Icons turn to 16Color ...and my Beautiful XP turns in to a really Ugly stuff...now i know that i Tweaked my XP using TweakUI ....but cant figure out..what went wrong ..i reverted every thing but no use...i tryed Rebuilding every thing..but no use....plz help me to get out of this Buggy 800*600 Mode ...... :x

x10d

Broken In
install the drivers from the CD, u got with ur motherboard (or Graphics card).

ur problem is solved ! 100% guarantee....

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
My system is P3 533, SiS 630 chipset,256MB Ram , XP SP2

Well am Reinstalling my Drivers......lets hope it works..

BTW thx sachin_kothari for ur valuable Suggesion....any ways do u know how much time it takes to install XP on p3 ...1 Hr....min... :wink: ..so thx but no thanks ...:D:D

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Did the same thing happen when you used windows 98 . If yes then definatly the onboard graphic chipset doesn't support 1024 x 768 * at 32 ( or 24 ) bit.
If yes then please try updating the Display drivers for windows Xp .

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
saROMan said:
My system is P3 533, SiS 630 chipset,256MB Ram , XP SP2....any ways do u know how much time it takes to install XP on p3 ...1 Hr....min... :wink: ..so thx but no thanks ...:D:D
Next time you do a fresh installation, make a Ghost backup so that you can restore everything in a much shorter time. It's not just the saving in time either, you don't have to go through all the hassle of clicking, entering serial numbers, inserting CDs, selecting directories, etc. etc.

E.g., I have WinME and XP on this machine with about two dozen apps and utilities. They take up more than 3 GB and about 2 hours to set up to my liking. Making a Ghost file of my entire C: drive takes about 10 minutes. The size of the Ghost file is about 1.8GB with medium compression, and I keep it in another partition of my hard disk. If for any reason I want to wipe out my C: drive, restoring the whole 3+GB installation takes about 5 minutes. That is, when done in DOS - it takes longer from Windows.

Since you have a relatively slow machine, making and restoring the Ghost file will take somewhat longer, but it will still be much shorter than manually reinstalling everything.

Tip :
If you're afraid something will go wrong before you finish installing everything, make a Ghost backup each time you finish a major installation step.

E.g., Install Win98, then make a Ghost backup. Install XP over 98, and if everything's still OK, make a Ghost backup again. You can now delete the Win98 Ghost file to free up space if you like. Now install the various drivers and make another backup. And so on.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Saroman did ur pc support 1024*768 b4 formatting. If yes install DirectX coz I also can't get that screen resolution without DirectX 9 just give it a try. And also reply if problem gets solved.

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
yes pple my Machine supports 1024*786@32Bit@60MHz .....i donn have a 98 Part..just 1 XP Proff..n other XP Home..n 1024*786@32Bit@60MHz works fine in Home...i have used this res from long time..coz my PC seems less cluttred...well i Reinstalled the AGP drivers..but no use...and the VGA Drivers r Whopping 9-42MB ....which is a Nightmare 4 my Dileup ......well..wil try it to d/l in night...n DJ..i have DirectX9c Installed on my Machine..so its not a Issue...if it was 98 i wud have solved this prob in a Jiffy...but XP is confusing....well.....lets hope ur suggesions work .....

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
OK...i Updated/Reinstalled ....both AGP and VGA Drivers..(6MB ..painfull :( ) also tryed to install DirectX9c....but donno why it comes out of setup with in a few secs ....any ways....the Final Outcome...NO use....i have tryed every thing.....but i cant get 32Bit in 1024*786 ....

Please is there any 1 who can give soln to my Problem....??

here are the scree shots of how my XP looks in 1024*786@16bit and 800*600@32bit

*img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/cyberpuzzle/16bit.jpg
*img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/cyberpuzzle/32bit.jpg

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well ur problem it truly ingenuine & quite exceptional .... but right here i have to give U a fairly unexceptinal solution reinstall Windows XP & plzz make a clean install!! ( for sth plzz dunt ask now wat is a clean insatllation )

Warm up buddy!!!!!!!

use safe xp.it will solve your problem ,do read before using it,will provide you the link for that -
*www.theorica.net
it will solve your problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom