<><>Strange Problem<><>

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sysmaniac

I have P4 with ASUS mobo. 128 mb ram , 40 gb hdd, 52x. I have been facing a strange problem. Suddenly my system shows :"WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR, YOU NEED TO RESTART YOUR SYSTEM". i cleaned up my partitions and then re-installed. It was fine and I worked for 3 hrs.
Next morning when I switched it on again, I faced the same problem with the same error message. I repeated the steps again. Today is the third day....and it is still giving same probs. When I start my system at a gap of one hour or so it does not gives me any error. I checked all the hardwares including my ram whether its seated properly in the slot and it was fine.

What can be the reason....even all the entries in CMOS seems to be ok.
I loaded safe defaults. My doubt is may be my ram is faulty.

Please help :cry:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Since you have not mentioned the OS so I assume it to be 98 as this problem has been faced by me earlier.
Only solution is to reinstall your 98 now. Some system files have been corrupted.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Windows Protection Error means that an error occurred while loading or unloading a virtual device driver(VxD)...
nd the possile causes what i can think of...

... The registry has gone bad....
....Win.com or Command.com file is infected with a virus or is damaged
....incorrect CMOS settings for a built-in peripheral device such as cache settings, CPU timing, hard disks, and so on... u havnt tried overclocking or nything do u???
....The Plug and Play feature of the computer's BIOS is not working correctly((saw this reason in one of the forums.... try disabling PnP frm BIOS ,restart nd enabling again))

solution...

Have u tried starting win in safe mode... try it nd see if u get ny error message.if u dont see ny error message then have a luk at this *support.microsoft.com/kb/q188867/

try reinstalling windows again with "setup /pi" .. for PnP((Setup doesn't report the existence of a PnP BIOS.can be used for PNP BIOS that is not reported in Machine.inf))

if the above step fails,again install Windows. Choose the Custom installation option and do not let Setup detect the hardware in your computer. Install only a mouse, a VGA video adapter, and a keyboard.

If the error still occurs, it is most likely caused by faulty hardware

:twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom