Strange Problem with Thunderbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
i have just started to use thunderbird in ubuntu. the problem that i face is that it shows me that my email address is blacklisted but i have just created it on my server. my email address is on the site that i have made on frihost. i created an account recently. also, this problem doesnt come in outlook express.

pls help.
thnx

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
saurabh.sauron said:
i have just started to use thunderbird in ubuntu. the problem that i face is that it shows me that my email address is blacklisted but i have just created it on my server. my email address is on the site that i have made on frihost.
The message clearly says that your IP address is black listed at several DNSBL blacklists. Most probably you were using a mtnl/bsnl dialup/adsl IP pool. If yes, then note that all of their IP address are blacklisted.

What server do you use as your SMTP relay?

saurabh.sauron said:
i created an account recently. also, this problem doesnt come in outlook express.
How did you come to the conclusion that this problem is somehow because of Thunderbird? :D

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Exactly. The IP address your ISP is assigning to you is blacklisted all over the RBL lists. Please visit the URL that the error message says to know more and fix your problem.

Most probably it involves writing to the RBL support desk saying your IP is not a source of spam.

OP
saurabh.sauron

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
spam...i never sent a mail through that account...
also, my brother can access his account through thunderbird but his is on a different server. also, i can access gmail via POP. strange...

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
saurabh, did you understand what i said?
The SMTP server you are using to relay your emails through is using RBL lists to check for ip addresses which are known spamsource. mostly when an IP is added to a RBL spamblock list, that IP's entire IP block is added..

It has nothing to do with Thunderbird or Gmail's POP... they are 2 different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom