Strange problem with MS Office 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I've a strange problem with MS Ofice 2007. I can't type anything in MS Word, and all options are greyed out. This happens not only in Word, but also in other MS Office programs. Plz help....

*img257.imageshack.us/img257/15/96445495sv5.th.jpg*img257.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
do you have genuine copy..?

i have also MS office 2007 without no problem..
pl check the activation details..

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Not that, genuine can't be a problem, cause itz only been a month since I got the original copy(before tht, using the ** version for 3 months)

Were u using trial version wich has expired now?

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
yes i agree.

but some times pirated copy can be disabled the applications while the internet connection is up at the time of installations.

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
I'm using the 60 day trial which came with the Digit CD. And it hasn't been 60 days I think. If it had, then it would've notified me about it.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Man it only happens when your trail is over
Same happened with but later got a original copy from a Friend...

fatskin08

Right off the assembly line
Hmm, I suggest u uninstall it first and then reinstall it back again and see if you still got the same problem.. :)

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Of course, I know that reinstalling it will take care of the problem, just wanted to know if there was another way out. And I don't need the *ahem* copy, there's just a simple hack to make the trial version function like the full version.

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Ohh..was unaware of the hack...but my ahem has 2007+(dunno mabe xtra features)....

Well.....I waz nvr ever successful in finding cracks and keys to any program, genuineness kept me to it I guess

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I've a strange problem with MS Ofice 2007. I can't type anything in MS Word, and all options are greyed out. This happens not only in Word, but also in other MS Office programs. Plz help....

*img257.imageshack.us/img257/15/96445495sv5.th.jpg*img257.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Xpired....:oops:

I dont like MS Office 07 bcoz of its awkward layout....:mad:
I still dont know where is the option for "about box" in it....how silly :D

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
So I tried to uninstall.... I can't even uninstall it because when I try to, I get an error saying that some file is missing or corrupt. :mad:
I think Office isn't working due to this corrupt file. It doesn't even mention the name of the file so I can't fix it....

swatkat

Technomancer
This page might help you to uninstall Office 2007 if you are not able to do it from "Add/Remove Programs":
*support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

OP
C

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Thanks for the link Swatkat. I did almost all the steps. I just have to remove the registry keys now. I guess I'll do it later (it's a tedious job).

Thanks all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom