Strange Problem While installing SuSE Linux 9.1 Personal

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish

Journeyman
I've got a 14" Microtek monitor with Athlon 2400+ & A7V266-MX mobo. The problem is that while installing SuSE Linux 9.1 (which came in August's DVD), as soon as the first screen comes, in which it asks for the language after choosing manual installation, the display of the screen goes off with a vertical line in the middle of the screen and that too goes off after a fraction of second. When I switch the monitor off & on again, it again goes off. The monitor works fine otherwise in XP & redhat too. Please find the remedy.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Sounds like X11 not able to probe ur Monitor and/or GFX card properly...
U can do a text Mode install and deal with monitor probs later.
Specs about ur Model can be found from here *www.monitorworld.com/ (hopefully!).

Instructions regarding text based install can be found here...
*www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/suse/adminguide/ch01.html

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
X11 will probe the monitor when it will start but this problem starts as soon as I choose manual installation even before the first screen.

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
Actually the problem is solved. Before installation there is an option for choosing resolution. I was really in a hurry to install that I didn't saw it. And yes the website *www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/suse/adminguide/ch01.html is really helpful to learn SuSE. Thanks allajunaki.

allajunaki

Journeyman
Hey no need to thank, I dint solve the problem did I?
and yeah Linux is not for people who want eveything spoon fed... Microsoft packs a BIG SPOON with their os.... I personally prefer something challeging than what 98% world can use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom