strange problem, help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_007

Padawan
my pc is behaving strangely since last 5 weeks

i'm using windows XP pro and my pc straight away shuts down(as if someone has switched off the switch) on follwing occasions without giving any message:

1)whenever i add files to a zip or rar archive
2)whenever i am about to make CD iso image in FANTOM CD
3)whenever i extract files from zip/rar archive files bigger than 200 mb
4)whenever i add songs in winamp playlist

pls help me
:( :( :( :(

rajas700

Youngling
I think it may dude to lack of space in ur c: or else check paging file and adjust according to ur ram....

ymhatre

Ambassador of Buzz
rajas700 said:
I think it may dude to lack of space in ur c: or else check paging file and adjust according to ur ram....
Hey dude (rajas700) ur correct.
If the problem persist then just format ur hardisk .
Still if same then its Haardware problem related too power box.
And Paul do specify ur configuration. tht may help is analysing the problem.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Before a format/repair, do a re-install of the compressor and set only one as primary, must be some kind of conflict between many compressor s/ws prolly :(

OP
P

paul_007

Padawan
my config is
p4 2.26ghz
128 mb ddr ram
intel 845 , 32 mb onboard memory
20 GB HDD

there is still 2.36 GB left in my C drive

efore a format/repair, do a re-install of the compressor and set only one as primary, must be some kind of conflict between many compressor s/ws prolly Sad

i am only using winrar[/code]

Kniwor

Learner
if it shuts down at other cpu intensive tasks may be u have set some shutdown temp in bios and it´s touching that

rajas700

Youngling
TRY TO TURNOFF SYSTEM RESTORE.BECAUSE some virus may hide in system volume information and that part antivirus won't scan.so try by turning off ur system restore and post ur comments.

mohit sharma

Journeyman
i think with p4 nd xp u need to have a think about the meagre amount of ram , u should go 4 additional ram too , although the actual cause is temperature definitely as told by kniwer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom