Strange Noise From Speaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

arun77574

Broken In
Hi all...
i have a Creative 2.1 SBS speaker. the problem is i hear a very strange mirror cracking noise from my speaker when ever i try to raise the volume from the volume contoller provided with the speaker. the frequency of the noise keeps on raising once i start hearing it without any further input. is this somthing related to power or the OS? the noise is so intense that even the walls of my heart shivers raising my heart beat. is there any way i could get this issue fixed. THIS NOISE DOES NOT COME WHEN I PLAY MUSIC. the last time this happened i did a clean installation of my OS for another reason. after the installation every thing was fine. now i' facing this issue again.
Please Help Me...:(

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
what is the sound card?

Try to reinstall audio drivers. If you using PCI soundcard, check if the soundcard is perfectly inserted.

OP
arun77574

arun77574

Broken In
I've not installed any soud card. my mother came with it. it is a 8i915ME-GL Gigabyte mother board.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Try updating the onboard Soundcard thru device manager.

& run DXDIAG test for "sound"...

==>Start->run->dxdiag<==

if you have any Diagnosing software like PC Doctor, then run the required test thru it.

kirtan

Journeyman
hey arun.This strange noise can be the microphone sound.Check for the microphone volume.Try reducing the volume of the microphone i/p.I'm sure this would solve your problem.

indian_samosa

No longer here..
hi,
My friend has a artis 2.1 and when he tries to amp up the volume by rotating the dial on the speaker there is a distinct khar-khur sound very loud in the speakers.He says and also i believe that the grease which is applied on the potentiometer that is the controller( round knob used to increase volume) has dried off.And so there is this sound which comes from the speakers anytime he tries to increase the volume.

It might be the same thing with the controller on ur speakers.Usually it happens after sometime u bought the speakers.

Do one thing...open the wired remote(controller) carefully and apply some oil(sewing machine oil will do) ...dont drip ...apply finely with a piece of paper of cotton.And then try rotating the thing.

Please reply back if it works.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
indian_samosa said:
hi,
My friend has a artis 2.1 and when he tries to amp up the volume by rotating the dial on the speaker there is a distinct khar-khur sound very loud in the speakers.He says and also i believe that the grease which is applied on the potentiometer that is the controller( round knob used to increase volume) has dried off.And so there is this sound which comes from the speakers anytime he tries to increase the volume.

It might be the same thing with the controller on ur speakers.Usually it happens after sometime u bought the speakers.

Do one thing...open the wired remote(controller) carefully and apply some oil(sewing machine oil will do) ...dont drip ...apply finely with a piece of paper of cotton.And then try rotating the thing.

Please reply back if it works.
This happens with even my speakers
i am sure this is becos my speakers are old(4Yrs

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
@ indian_samosa: i tried it on a pretty old pair of microlab speakers which had a similar problem, but it didn't completely cancel out the crackling, i can still hear it although the sound is less distinct, and harder to notice, but that probably was the problem, thanks..:)

OP
arun77574

arun77574

Broken In
hi friends i really thank you all for your feedback but unfortunately im not with my computer now. im not in my home town and i can go back only after 2 months. so when i go back i'll definetly try this out. thanks to all.

OP
arun77574

arun77574

Broken In
hi guys. i managed to get rid of the noise. as KIRTAN said that was the strange feedback from the microphone which i always use to leave connected. thanks a lot KIRTAN this issue is resolved now and i'm happy to confirm that my speakers are working fine.

A

ASH_DSG

Hi friends,
I also had this problem. Is ur sound device is realtek I mean ur sound card is realtek i also had a real tek sound card and my speaker creates noise even in low sound. I upgrade my system and I have a Asus P5RD1-VM mobo which has ALI HD audio(6.1) and my speakers working fine now and my speakers are of Intex(2.1) and are 2 years old. I think now a days real tek sound device is not giving performance that it gives earlier on 845 and 865 chipset mobo's ok. Reply soon bye.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Problem exists in knobs. Just replace or retune it with oil. Music is playing pretty well implies there is no problems in PC. Don't mess up changing sound card and all. Also check out the male link that gets into the sockets of Sound system. The problem may be there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom