strange monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
Hi,
I hav a Compaq MV520.I hav an old compaq celeron PC in my office.Offlate the monitor is acting crazy..the whole display shrinks sideways.when i tap two three times over the monitor it again comes back to normal..some years back same thing happened but the whole display looked like somebody cut the upper half.I cud see only the below half of display..then i called my tech guy,he did some soldering and it worked flawlessly for 2yrs...now the same thing happening but a twist(i.e display shrinks sideways)..

wat cud be the prob.. :?: :x

darklord

Cyborg Agent
There is a possibility that some internal ICs are blown.I suggest you call teh technician and get it repaired.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
hi,
if the ic's are blown then will the display work at all.i am geting the display but its shrinks and after some cajoling,tapping its back to normal..is it the dry soldering problem again..

do tel me plz

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well guess its time out for the monitor.....The picture tube must have got screwed up....ur hitting will only worsen the problem and to some extent damage internal chips....plzzz refrain from doing so u might think that it works but later the display will go off as well :wink:

Just have it checked again 8)

tuxfan

Technomancer
How old is this monitor? May be its time for a replacement.

On a circuit, because of rust, some parts lose contact. So some technicians just attach (soldier) some points directly with wires and it starts functioning properly once again. However, these are just temporary measures. If the reason is rust, then one part after the other will give you problem. You solve one problem, another will crop up :(

Even dust causes similar problems. However solution in case of dust is simpler.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
no mi2,i am not violent,just mere tapping,shaking..

@tuxfan:well my Pc is 4yrs old,compaq PC..there is no rust anywer on the board.i clean every few months the innards of the pc and monitor..maybe dry solder,but my tech guy did touch up but cudnt solve the prob..after he left its again lik that..but b4 the soldering,the prob was more..now its bit less..

just to throw light on some other issues:i dont use UPS.we dont hav voltage fluctuations or power cuts..its one in a billion chance that we will hav power cuts..trust me..Does this hav anything to do wit this prob..
ley me know

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
krisjr said:
no mi2,i am not violent,just mere tapping,shaking..
Almost the same issues.....tapping or shaking aint recommended as there are delicate components in The Monitor which at being shaken tend to loose its stability resulting in pic shaking,fading etc.

krisjr said:
just to throw light on some other issues:i dont use UPS.we dont hav voltage fluctuations or power cuts..its one in a billion chance that we will hav power cuts..trust me..Does this hav anything to do wit this prob..
ley me know
Nope nothing with this....actually also depends on the Make and Life of a Monitor.....if it has gone thorugh previous repairs for correction then it serves hardly any life for the future....plus even the slightest effect on the picture tube would be harmful.....Try gettin a Monitor repair guy and Have him diagonse the probs....if all fails there nothing much to do then replace it with a new one....cause beyond a certian point even repairs to the monitor aint effective :cry:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well now the entry level for Samsung 15" Crt i.e SyncMaster 591S
costs arnd 5.5k
*www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/CRTMonitors/15entrylevelrange/591s.asp

And Lg one should also be somewhere around the same price range or less
*www.lgindia.com/CatalogAction.do?c...opImgFile=monitor_top.jpg&topImgText=Monitors

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i have seen a technician once just change one capacitor on the board of the monitor . check if anyone the capacitors and blown or blacked . but make sure u open the cabinet long after u have removed the power supply , else u might be in for a nasty shock , literally . anyways ,just take it to a tv repair guy even and he'll be able to fix a new capacitor with same value or number

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
well mate as far as i have seen..no capacitor is balck or something..its like wen ever i tilt the monitor backwards,it comes back to normal.i do it very slightly though..i checkd the board twice,did soldering in almost all the board.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:lol: heeeeey try out washing IC's nd internal components with surf excel.....dho daalo!!!!!

nd on a serious note,go nd invest 5600 on a new monitor(samsung/LG...17"),will help u a lot...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom