Strange Modem behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

choudang

Padawan
I have configured my dataOne connection in Ubuntu and its running very fine.

suddenly, when i switched back to windows and trying to get connected, it says that "the remote computer does not respond". Yesterday, i thought that might be DataOne is somehow goes down. but today, when i started my PC it shows same msg.

i noticed that the lights are indicating like "Always On" mode [in linux]. Then i switched back to linux and its working.

What should i do? Because i use my connection in both OS.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
i noticed that the lights are indicating like "Always On" mode [in linux]. Then i switched back to linux and its working.

Use the reset switch on the modem... (small switch can be found behind the modem)...

after that,

Configure ur LAN....

IP : 192.168.1.xx
Subnet : 255.255.255.0
Default getway : 192.168.1.1

DNS Server 1 : 61.1.96.69
DNS Server 2 : 61.1.96.71
DNS Server 3 : 61.0.0.5

and then in windows Create a New Broadband connection as u did last time around !!!

it will work then.....

hope this helps...

by the way, there is a post,

**Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

:p

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Err, since you have made your modem 'Always ON' type, you DONT have to dial up on windows at all, just open Firefox/opera on Windows and start surfing, it should work.

Have a look in Network Connections (From control panel) to see that you have an already active connection.

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
I have done all these steps. but not working.

When i open Firefox in windows, it takes long time and says "Error ... bla bla bla". I tried to reset the modem, but failed. restarted the windows, restarted the modem ... done. but no results....... The send bytes are bigger than receiving bytes.

should i have to replace the modem?

OP
choudang

choudang

Padawan
I have noticed another change in my PC. I have 3 HDD where i have installed XP Pro in 1 HDD [separate], Ubuntu Drapper and XP Pro in other two HDD. My 1st HDD is used to store the data and installed lots of game, which is used only for gaming. it is used rarely. and other two HDDs are used reg'ly.

when i used my 1st HDD, its working properly and in Flock, my router settings are displayed...... means my dataOne is working properly [though it is slow in compare to linux]. But in my other HDD, its not coming and DataONE is not working.

i think my XP is having corrupted file. m i right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom