Still photo from movie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
Pause the movie in full screen mode->press the print screen button->open Paint->paste the image->save it as .jpeg (or whatever extension you like).

But the resolution might not be that good if do it by this process, give it a try and check for yourself!

xenkatesh

Bewitched!
indrajit said:
Pause the movie in full screen mode->press the print screen button->open Paint->paste the image->save it as .jpeg (or whatever extension you like).

But the resolution might not be that good if do it by this process, give it a try and check for yourself!
That cant be done :lol: it will shows only black screen i tries a lot before.... :roll:

indrajit

Journeyman
xenkatesh said:
indrajit said:

That cant be done :lol: it will shows only black screen i tries a lot before.... :roll:

What are you saying dude? I've done it a lot of times too! :roll:

OP
I

imprince

Journeyman
indrajit said:

it does't work man ... Think again and again thn do a practical before giving someone any example :twisted:

ycr007

Broken In
imprince said:
indrajit said:

it does't work man ... Think again and again thn do a practical before giving someone any example :twisted:

Still frame capture allows a user to capture a single frame of the movie, which cannot be achieved with the usual "Print-screen" key, as DVD players use a special overlay which cannot be captured normally. WinDVD's capture support is pretty limited - basically it will capture into a BMP file into the "capture" directory under WinDVD's installed directory once you press the capture hotkey or button. Unlike PowerDVD's implementation, you do not have the ability to capture to clipboard, instead of a file, nor do you have the ability to specify a location to store the captured file.
Source:The digital digest

WinDVD and PowerDVD have a snapshot option.You can specify the folder where captured images are to be stored and also specify the format in which the pic is to be stored.In WinDVD there is a "Camera" icon in the panel,click on it to capture the frame,alternatively u can use the hotkey assigned to this function,typically its "P" on ur keyboard......

P.S:u can chk out *www.solidcapture.com/screen_capture_dvd.htm

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Why not go for the Best Bs Player This will Capture Everything u Need From .Dat to .Avi Files.....JUst Google for it Mate..... :)

@Indrajit Even i cant Get the image to paste in the way u suggested.....have done it a lotta times before but with the same blank screen reults.....same goes for the Screensavers.....I suppose Print Screen Does Not work For moving Images..... :D

indrajit

Journeyman
Ok, a little addition to my post, I did it in Win98 and it works. I had not tried this on XP before and today whin I did try it didn't work out. So, I guess it works with 98 only. Sorry if anyone was mislead by my post.

kinshuksunil

Broken In
Try Nero ShowTime

Hi All

The complete Nero Ultra Edition includes the Nero VisionExpress 2 Pack which also includes, Nero ShowTime. This is a good video player esp. for DVDs and has an excellent screen capturing feature.

BTW, PowerDVD is not bad either...

Kinshuk

OP
I

imprince

Journeyman
thnx friends for ur reply... everybody is talking about nero ultra edition ,,, i think i should try it ... thnx again :p

krazydude

Journeyman
imprince said:
indrajit said:

It does work, all u need to do is turn the hardware acceleration of your graphics card to ZERO and ya I have done this practically many times :lol: :lol:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
@ax3: they aint freeware...both of them r commercial software.....but u usually get 1 of them with DVD-ROM drives....

tuxfan

Technomancer
indrajit said:
Ok, a little addition to my post, I did it in Win98 and it works. I had not tried this on XP before and today whin I did try it didn't work out. So, I guess it works with 98 only. Sorry if anyone was mislead by my post.

It depends on the graphics card and not the OS. It depends on how display is handled. I have only used Win98 so far. But could take a screen shot with print screen on my P3 300 machine. But couldn't do so on my P3 550 machine. :)

[quote="krazydude]It does work, all u need to do is turn the hardware acceleration of your graphics card to ZERO and ya I have done this practically many times[/quote]Are you sure? Wow!! Thats a great tip. I think I will try that out and see if it works.

whoopy_whale

Journeyman
Use Jiao system's VCDCutter.That's the simplest way to extract a still frame from a movie.You can extract the image as jpg or bmp.

JaX

Broken In
Use ULead Video Studio for all your video requirements...
Do things you've only dreamt of before.... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom