"sticky keys"... literally.... (Laptop keys sticking down)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvishnu

Broken In
Hi,

a few days back i accidentally spilt watermelon juice on my laptop (keyboard).

I was so relieved to see the laptop work that i forgot about the aftereffects.

Now the some keys are sticking down when i press them... Can you please tell me what i can do... Is it all right to use a damp cloth under the keys? I know that it;s all right on the lcd display, but under the keys is anther thing...

Is the laptop spill-proof? or am i just lucky? (i hav compaq nx6130, of that means anything to you.)

Vishnu

OP
M

mvishnu

Broken In
devarajan said:
Give for service and get cleaned....If have any problem.........

but you see, there is a problem

The laptop is given to my fahter by the university, and i dont think my fahter should learn about this accident yet....

Vishnu..

devarajan

Journeyman
mvishnu said:
devarajan said:
Give for service and get cleaned....If have any problem.........

but you see, there is a problem

The laptop is given to my fahter by the university, and i dont think my fahter should learn about this accident yet....

Vishnu..

so what tell him and give for the service???

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
lol ur in a mess, .... watermelon mess :)) :))

its upto u to decide....
whether u want to tell ur dad abt it and get it
serviced or imagine a scenario where in a family gathering ur dad orders u to bring on the lappy,and asks u why the keys are sticking??? !! :))

the bottomline is that u'll HAVE to take it to a servicecentre....better be quick abt it !!

OP
M

mvishnu

Broken In
Ya, man

real mess...

But my father knew about the sticking keys. He oly didnt know the reason.. He just thought it was manufac. problem. My luck that he didnt sniff it. the keyboard still smells of watermelon.... :-<<<<!!

BTW, i wiped the underside of the keys using a damp cloth. (dared it, with grit teeth.). it's sticking less now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom