"Steam"ing problem, YYET AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinividivici

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I got HL2 yesterday... (yeah, you heard it right, only yesterday did i get it...)
It's an original copy of the game, that my friend (who bought it, hasnt used, till today)

I normally dont play shooters, but i heard everyone talk about the game and decided that i should have a crack at it....

The problem, (u guessed right) is steam activation... I dont want to make it impossible for my friend to play it, if he changes his mind sometime...

My questions are these...

1] If I register online using my friend's copy, will my friend be able to register it on his computer too? ie, can both of us register, installing the game from the same cds?

2] if i regiter, will my friend find it imossible to play the game?

(i dont know if discussing crackz is allowed, but i dont mind getting banned, if the choice is b/w that and HL2...)

Edited

What can i do?

Vishnu

wORm

Journeyman
1. A single steam account can be use on many computers (not simultaneously).

2. There are no easy cracks for Steam that you can download and use.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
vinividivici said:
(i dont know if discussing crackz is allowed, but i dont mind getting banned, if the choice is b/w that and HL2...)

You mean to say that you've been a member since October and still haven't read the rules? You just landed yourself a 1 week warning buddy. If you continue to break forum rules, that warning can be extended or changed into a ban as you so clearly stated that you wouldn't mind receiving.

Coming to your problem, have your friend install and register it on his computer. Then, you install it on your system and use your friend's Steam account to play the game. Any other method is probably illegal and against forum rules.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Indeed.Like Nemesis said You or Your friend need to create a Steam account for HL2's Copy to get it Validated online.This is a one time only procedure after which you wont be needing Net connection to Play the Game(Unless to Acess the Mods and Play Online Multiplayer mode).Just switch to the "Play Offline mode" and you are on but this is only after you have logged in with a valid steam Account ID.

OP
V

vinividivici

Right off the assembly line
Nemesis said:
vinividivici said:

You mean to say that you've been a member since October and still haven't read the rules? You just landed yourself a 1 week warning buddy. If you continue to break forum rules, that warning can be extended or changed into a ban as you so clearly stated that you wouldn't mind receiving.

Coming to your problem, have your friend install and register it on his computer. Then, you install it on your system and use your friend's Steam account to play the game. Any other method is probably illegal and against forum rules.

im sorry, man....

BTW, i am not a regular visitor, so dont mind 'bout the one week "prbation"

Vishnu

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Its not that man.Rules are rules and there's no exception to anyone on this forum.So even if you are not a regular visitor the rules can't be bended for any case.But in case you still want yourself banned then well PM the Mod and they'll do the needful.:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom