stay away from these download managers !

Status
Not open for further replies.

anandk

Distinguished Member
stay away from these download managers !

the following download managers are said to be infected with spyware/ adware:
Download Accelerator Plus
FlashGet
Gozilla
NetAnts

the following download managers are clean:
Download Express
FreshDownload
GetIt
GetRight
LeechGet 2003
Net Transport
ReGet
Star Downloader
WGET

Source : spybot site
for details click *www.safer-networking.org/en/articles/download-managers.html

G

gxsaurav

once u register DAP it is no longer spyware, as it doesn't load ads anymore, adware is bad, but that is how they keep it free for users

another solid alternative is Internet download accelerator which i m using these days, registered version is spyware clean (tested with Windows defender, Ad aware & Spybot)

saurabh.sauron

Ambassador of Buzz
DAP isnt spyware. it enjoys recognition from adaware, spyware doctor. they have removed the spyware in version 8. it only has adware.

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
hellomotto said:
how about FREE DOWNLOAD MANAGER
Areee we know na.. FDM is class apart :D

nishant_nms said:
drvarunmehta said:
I agree. Free Download Manager is the best.

me too
bizzare_blue said:
I too use Free Download Manager...
kjuvale said:
yup FDM is the best download manager, i too use it last 2 years .
FDM is the best ..
btw i just did a fanboy act again .. he he

@Indyan
i think u r sort of right, same for dap 8, these are adware not spyware
we generally crack it to use it... the regular version .. eats your bandwith .. by downloading those crappy images .. we never need.
but since we know that we have better options available giving you the same or better performance, we use something like fdm.
FDM is freeware, n doesnt attract anything.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I would prefer wget. It's got no kind of adware, spyware or any suchthing. It's under GPL, so it's safe to use. Has many features. Yes you can't integrate it with browsers AFAIK and you will have to live with command line.

Vyasram

The pWnster
guess opera was ad/spyware once when it had banner ads

My favs IDM and FDM

Hate DAP, itz all eyecandy and ads. I actually used some stuff to get rid of those ads in DAP when i used it a few years back :twisted:

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
One thing I don't understand why you club banner ads with Adware and Spyware.

Banner Ads, Adware and Spyware - all three are very much different from each other. Well DAP can be put as a non harmful Adware. Banner Ads are only on Web pages and plane and simple advertisement and nothing else.

Adwares can be both harmless and harmful also and spywares are always harmful so there is no reason to stay away from DAP or Flashget.

Infact Flashget is the best DOwnload manager you will ever encounter because it can download those files also which are blocked to be downloaded by a D/L Manager. It happened most of the times. Earlier it was the only D/L manager to be able to download from RapidShare/Megaupload and even now it is the only browser which can still download from lots of Download Sites which have blocked other D/L managers.

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
BTW ...version 2.0 of FDM is out.....n it rocks........its simply superb....it gives u all the funtionalities a pro edition of any other DM absolutely free....its neat clean, well made.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom