StartUp Probs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nilay

Broken In
Whenever i try to change my startup config. using msconfig. it asks me to log in as an administrator to take the changes effect. But i'm the adminitrator of my PC. can nebody tell me what should i do?

slugger

Banned
if u r ABSOLUTELY sure that u r making those changes from an account having Administrator previlages den u mite probably b infected

2 verify this try opening ur Registry

if while tryin to open ur registry u get d same Administrator message, den u know 4 sure u been hit

if d above is true, den ur rememdy is to run a good AV scan like KAV or NOD32

OP
T

The Nilay

Broken In
I'm able to open up my registry editor.

I dont want msnmessenger and yahoo messenger on start up. so i wanna disable them.

Last edited:

slugger

Banned
if u say u r able to open ur Registry den u can directly delete d unnecessary startup keys from der itself
open registry and go 2

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Current Version/Run

here u will find all d startup entries
delete d 1s not needed

but i still recommend dat u run a gud AV scan like d 1s i mentioned above
(that message u got inspite of using Administator account is strong indicator of an infection)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
slugger if that is admin warning type infection then we cannot open regedit also,it may restart or same warning msg comes which appeared when he opened msconfig,i think he may try sfc,dude go to cmd prompt and type sfc and try all those options,XP cd is compulsory

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
it just says that but the effects take change
there is something that u run that makes u administrtor something i dont know what

slugger

Banned
Batistabomb said:
slugger if that is admin warning type infection then we cannot open regedit also,

it seems dat he is abe to open Regedit

i had asked him 2 check it out in my post :)

and he replied

The Nilay said:
I'm able to open up my registry editor.

slugger

Banned
The Nilay said:
I scanned my computer with the AV but i'm still getting the same message.

wat was d result of d AV scan?

try dis thin

try to access msconfig in SAFE MODE
c if u r able to make any changes to msconfig in SAFE MODE

if it is possible to do so den it is probably sum firewall or sum other anti-* software which is blocking acces to modification

r u by any chance using Zone alarm? it is know to give such problem

i suggest in SAFE MODE u disable 1 or more startup entry (only those entry that windows can run without like anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall etc) @ a time, den boot normally and c if it is possible to modify d msconfig now

wen u find dat after disabling dis statup entry moddin msconfig in Normal mode is possibl den u know wat is causin d problem

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom