Status
Not open for further replies.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Yes there is. You have to program it yourself. If its okay, I can tell you how. You have to write the particular file's path into the registry, in the startup key.

hansraj

In the zone
@dheeraj
i think he wants to make a file, which when run, will copy the specified files to a specified location.

@rahul
open notepad and type the following text

@echo off
copy E:\Common\Documents\trial.exe C:\docume~1\alluse~1\startm~1\programs\startup\

and now save this text file as *.bat instead of *.txt where * is whatever filename u want to keep. Here in this example i have given a command for copying a file from E:\Common\Documents\ whose name is trial.exe. U can replace this line with the location whichever u desire and the corresponding file name.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Or you can create a registry file with contents like this :

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"YourProgramName"="YourProgramPath"

For Example :

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"IpMessenger"="C:\\Proggies\\ipmsg.exe"

Notice there are double slashes in program path. You can save this file as say AddProggy.reg . Whenever the user runs this file, an autorun entry will be created if its not present already.

^^ Hansraj's method is good though it involves copying the exe file to the Startup folder which could create problem if the program needs dependency files to be present in the folder it runs from.

Pathik

Google Bot
In that case, he can copy a shortcut of the exe in the Startup folder.
But yea, the registry method is the best.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Oh, yeah hansraj :) simpler stuff, and it_waaznt_me's method is good too, sorry guys :) tried to complicate things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom