Startmenu Popup...

Discussion in 'QnA (read only)' started by ShekharPalash, Dec 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShekharPalash

ShekharPalash Web Entrepreneur

You may hv also noticed whenever you login to Windows XP for the firsttime Windows Tour appears... then the startmenu popups...automatically... also when you create a new account and login to it for first time....

I know how to run Windows tour everytime I log in... but tht'll be quite irritating....

Now I wanna know how can make that startmenu automatically open each time I login?????

2. Tech&ME

Tech&ME Banned

Well dear, this happens for three times exactly. The fourth time you login this behaviour is cancelled. This is a default feature of Windows XP. I dont know if you can start the StartMenu at login automatically but yes u can start MSword or any other application at login. I will try to find a way out anyway... if i can... I will post a reply soon.

3. OP
    OP
    ShekharPalash

thnx man...
    yes, i also know how to execute programs at login (start-up)...
    i remember old days when I installed Longhorn Build 3683 last year in Augst... (one of earlier Longhorn versions which leaked from Microsoft ;-) )

It has this feature...

everytime.. yeah everytime... I used to login to my session startmenu used to pop-up...

tht time I found it has some batch files (.BAT) in startup entries... i'm not sure whether it was related with startmenu or not.... but it was first time i was BAT files on startup entries... :roll: :roll:

in later builds of Longhorn Microsoft removed this feature..

it really looks nice and feel good popping-up that startmenu automatically on each login... isn't it... lol

'm also searching any way to do it...

4. sreevirus

sreevirus Certified Nutz

try this:
    run regedit
    go to HKEY_CURRNET_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\
    here, on the right side, right click and add a new string value and name it Windows Tour
    now, dbl click on it and in the Value Data tab, add the location of the tour
    ( c:\windows\system32\tourstart.exe )
    restart the comp
    hope this helps.

5. OP
    OP
    ShekharPalash

no sree...
    .. u got it wrong...
    what u suggested will open Windows Tour (tourstart.exe) on start-up... by adding its entries to HKLM >>> Run registry...

but what I want to do it startmenu popping-up automatically everytime like you login for the first time after a new installaion/reinstallation of Windows...

i think it's time to visually represent what i want to do everytime at login...

hmmm... i'll upload pics 2morrow...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.