Starter Edition of WINDOWS XP EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Your have informed in your “Digit Magazine� that a Starter Edition of WINDOWS XP will be released in Indian Edition by Microsoft especially at the very beginning of year 2005.

When we can expect such an Edition?

Tech&ME

Banned
Well Starter Edition of Windows XP comes bundled with a new PC when you purchase the PC (Computer ) from any OEM vendors like HCL, HP etc.

If u are interested in purchasing directly without purchasing the new PC. You can get it from the OEM distributors directly.

for a list of OEM distributors for Microsoft Operating System, head to the Microsoft Website and search there , there they have a complete list from India OEM distributors.

Retail Version of this OS is not available I think, since this was to make costeffective for the OEM retailers to enclude Microsoft OS with there New PC's and to penetrate into the Indian market and convert buyers to buy geniune software.

kumarn_2004 said:
Your have informed in your “Digit Magazine� that a Starter Edition of WINDOWS XP will be released in Indian Edition by Microsoft especially at the very beginning of year 2005.

When we can expect such an Edition?
Well I have answers this topic of yours kumarn_2004 but it looks like the question is only directed towards the DIGIT publishers. Why?

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
mentioning of Digit publisher's is just for reference

I mentioned the Digit publishers in my question just for your reference, but not for any other purpose.

Anyhow I am very sorry in this regard.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
It would be better to just shell out the money for XP Home rather than go for the severely crippled Starter Edition. Don't even think about the Starter Edition if you're even slightly better than a novice and dont use your computer for anything more than just storing pictures, listening to music and browsing the Internet/email.

Tech&ME

Banned
enoonmai said:
It would be better to just shell out the money for XP Home rather than go for the severely crippled Starter Edition

Yes rightly said, Starter Edition of XP is mainly for people who speak only Hindi and understand only Hindi and no English. And it is also good only for the people who have never seen a COMPUTER and no nothing about OS like Windows XP Home / Pro among other things.

Starter Edition allows one to get to the NET (Internet) as fast as he could, get help in writing letter, e-mail (in hindi) and create simple documents and store Pictures etc. (Updates to this Edition of XP is only available in English , which works fine, which means u can update your Starter Edition using Windows Update). NO SERVICE PACKS like SP2!!!

So if was this Edition of XP for your old granny --- go for it, atleast she will be able to send e-mails and use computer at home. Cheers to Microsoft for thinking about your old granny. (Excuse me if that offends you)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom