Start up sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Control Panel --> Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Sounds Tab. Find the Windows Start sound there. Hope it helps.

hermit

Journeyman
1 thing i can suggest u , if u want any other music or song convert in wave format and assign to startup and save the theme as suggested u earlier .
at least some thing works !!!!

h_kunte

Journeyman
Are u using any 3rd party firewall? It might be that the firewall has disabled startup sounds to enable faster booting of ur PC. Have u used any 3rd party software, to increase the booting speed of ur PC? It might be hat ur registry got tweaked & the start-up sounds were disabled..

Thirdly, Did u use autopatcher to patch up Win XP? Because, I realised that startup sounds on my PC got disabled abruptly after I had run autopatcher on my PC...

Check out on the 3 possibilities & write back...

HK

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
just go to
Control Panel --> Sounds, Speech and Audio Devices --> Sounds and Audio Devices --> Sounds Tab.

and load default theme. and click apply

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
I had used Autopatcher XP and also a firewall sometime before.But I uninstalled firewall.
Is there any way to enable it?

KoRn

In the zone
hermit said:
1 thing i can suggest u , if u want any other music or song convert in wave format and assign to startup and save the theme as suggested u earlier .
at least some thing works !!!!

hey how do u convert mp3 files to wav format btw i wan 2 do dat since i have loads of mp3 and wma files......any gud softie and please tell me the whole thing rite from conversion to saving as startup sound :wink:

C

cybermanas

@UFO007
Did you disable some services after installing SP2?

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
hey how do u convert mp3 files to wav format btw i wan 2 do dat since i have loads of mp3 and wma files......any gud softie and please tell me the whole thing rite from conversion to saving as startup sound [quote/]

You may use softwares such as Sound Forge or freewares such as Audacity to convert mp3s to wav format

OP
deepak.krishnan

deepak.krishnan

In the zone
Well my start up sounds were working properly untill the last month when I had installed some programs such as XP SP 2 ,Kerio Personal Firewall.So I think it may be related to those.

hermit

Journeyman
to convert Mp3 to Wave format u need software search . u will find it if not p.m i will send it .

]hey how do u convert mp3 files to wav format btw i wan 2 do dat since i have loads of mp3 and wma files......any gud softie and please tell me the whole thing rite from conversion to saving as startup sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom