Standby Gone. My dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: I'm a Windows Xp Pro, Windows 98 SE and Mandrake 10.1 (came with digit) user. I don't Standby option in Win XP. It is not available. Though in 98 I can go to standby. I have this disability from when I had only Win Xp on a 10 GB hard disc until now where I have 3 OS with 2 hard disc sum 60 GB. Help!

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
go to control panel -> performance & maintenance-> power options and in that go to advanced tab and choose standby in when i press by power button then when you press your shutdown button in the cpu your system goes into standby mode.

Tech&ME

Banned
sourav said:
But I want to be available in Turn Off Button

Yes u can bring the Stand By option in the Turn off Button dialog box, simply follow this steps.

1. Take out your Motherboard CD which came with your Motherboard.

2. Place this CD in the CD -Rom drive, CD should start automatically and show you installation options.

3. Hit the EXPRESS INSTALL button and then follow the instructions on your screen, accept all EULA and answer the questions asked (if any)
Installation will take some time to finish, do not disturb the installation process.

4. Let your computer re-start after the installation is complete.

5. Now, u will be able to see the option STAND BY activated.

NOTE : However, u are only required to install the Chipset Installation Utility from the motherboard CD to enable Stand By option., but you can also install other useful utilities and updates from this CD.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
ok I'm going to kill myself because I have lost my MOBO CD. But I have the latest chipset installation. But whenever I install in Win XP it gives me the OS has the utility installed.

himtuna

Journeyman
try this
go to control panel
click user accounts
click change the way user log off or logon
then enable welcome screen and fast switching

Tech&ME

Banned
sourav said:
ok I'm going to kill myself because I have lost my MOBO CD. But I have the latest chipset installation. But whenever I install in Win XP it gives me the OS has the utility installed.

In that case u can do one of the following:

First, go online and download the latest chipset utility from your MOBO manufacturers website. And then try installing it.

Second, let us know the full configuration of your system. Please let us know which processor and motherboard with model number are u using., Besides other hardware components. then we can help u further.

Have u installed Service Pack 2 for windows XP ? If not install it, ASPI problem is also solved for some hardware profiles in this update.

Thirdly, Update windows XP by visiting Windows Update Website.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
himtuna said:
try this
go to control panel
click user accounts
click change the way user log off or logon
then enable welcome screen and fast switching

I have done everything you said (before)

I don't have WinXp Sp2.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Yes, when i format my PC n r-install OS,without drivers, i cannot see standby option. But when i install the drivers,i can see the stand by option. Why so??? Any relation between drivers n stand by option???

Tech&ME

Banned
Well dude this is a hardware feature and hence when u install the Chip Set Utility (Drivers) the OS comes to know about the hardware features supported by your mobo and Processor and hence enables those features. and that is the reason u see the Stand By option enabled automatically once the drivers are installed. This are inf files which tells the OS about your hardware components and they appropriate ways to talk to them (hardware).

This also makes your OS run faster.

And that way the reason why i asked sourav to install the chip set utility to solve his problem.

And remember older PCs to do support this feature even if you install the chip set utility.

Tech&ME

Banned
sourav said:
whenever i install chip utility it says that XP has the appropriate one

Well dude I have requested you to please kindly give your full system configuration. Tell us which mobo with model no and hardware specification do you use. As i said earlier some motherboards do not support the STAND BY option. It is not a software issue , there is nothing to do with your operating system dude, this is hardware related problem and hence it is very much necessary for us to know your hardware configuration first to solve your problem.

Anyway try this also.
Go to your BIOS and enable the S3 option there this may resolve your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom