Standalone Hard Drive HDD with remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhush_18

Broken In
Is there any kit or casing available, like that for external USB harddrive, which will make the HDD standalone so that one can copy loads of movies & watch it directly on TV or Monitor?

d

Journeyman
no for that kind of thing, there is another device necessary - an onboard TV encoder....so only a hard drive won't do...what u can do is hv devices like the creative zen vision or the MSI megaview....there was also a mention of a hard-drive with an onboard tv encoder but no LCD for around 15 k.....u cld consider tht too....ill try to search n tell ya..

cheers

legolas

Padawan
as for the tv, u cant, but for monitor if u were to plug the device to any usb port, u cud definitely watch :-o

/legolas

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
bhush,

what your asking for basically has one big flaw, the HDD may have to come with an on-board decoder which will decode the movies and send the signals for you to be able to watch it on the TV/ Monitor. If it is a software decoder then you need a processor which can do the decoding. Else you need a H/W decoder. If it is H/W decoder then you still need a processor capable of interfacing with the signals and send the information out. So a HDD with whatever casing is not possible. However you might consider going in for a modded xbox if you wanna do the above. Install XBOX Media Centre and store the movies on the 200gb hdd and have all ur fun....

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
the mentioned devices have on board LCD's which suck. The person is specifically asking for HDD's with casing which will enable him to see his movies anytime newhere. And the mentioned devices do not support a TV out either. Thats why I pointed out what I did.

d

Journeyman
Excuse Me? Both the Creative Zen Vision and the MSI mega view have composite video outputs. both of them can output to TV.

Both of them hv IR remote controls. If u get an onboard LCD tht u don't like, let it be on as a frill....christ! its like saying you don't like a monitor because u don't want the power LED .

cheers

theraven

Technomancer
easy boyes
he didnt mean a media centre
he wanted just a hdd casing with a decoder
much like the one in this months mag as pointed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom