SSH problem with Suse 10.1 & others

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhayu

Broken In
Hi all,
Thank for everyone reading this. This is a peculiar problem in my work place.
We use OpenSUSE 10.1 in the server which is IBM x226 and we have about 35 workstation computers (mandrake 2006 in 15 ,Fedora 3 in 8 and Fedora 5 in 2 of them).
When we work programmes such a C/C++ in individual computers they work fine with all the multicoloured text and character highlighting etc.
But whenever we use the SSh login to log onto SUSE -- the colourations are no longer and all text are Black & White.
Also some of the keys in keyboard stops working specially the "BackSpace" key in the individual computers.
BTW:- all the installations are complete...

Can some one help...

regards,
subhayu

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Subhayu, That's a bug in Suse Linux!! Novell releases patches for the bugs found,
periodically. So apply the patches from novell.com. You can apply for Suse mailing
list from novell.com. Novell will email you with the problems found, & the patch to
apply with the links to the RPM packages.

Read about some flaws in the OpenSSH here

You can also install the package quilt, a tool for working with many patches in Suse 10.1
Linux. Check this link for more details

Last edited:
OP
S

subhayu

Broken In
Thanks both of u for the suggestions . I am looking forward to utilise them.
And i should inform eddie that we are using the very well known 'vi editor'.

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
subhayu said:
When we work programmes such a C/C++ in individual computers they work fine with all the multicoloured text and character highlighting etc.
But whenever we use the SSh login to log onto SUSE -- the colourations are no longer and all text are Black & White.
Also some of the keys in keyboard stops working specially the "BackSpace" key in the individual computers.
Set TERM=xterm-color when using SSH.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
JGuru said:
@Subhayu, That's a bug in Suse Linux!! Novell releases patches for the bugs found,

And how did you find that out?

subhayu, follow what Yamraj has told you.
Its an issue with incorrect TERM settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom