spywares

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
when i scan my PC with Ad-Aware i occationally get these 2 entries as critical objects .... ad aware removes them but i wanna know what they are ..... i got to know that they are data miners .... and they have Hits as 30-50 .....
i use e-donkey a lot .... are these spywares a serious threat???

arvindpr@jedonkey.cjt1.net/HTM/307/0
arvindpr@j.2004cms.com/HTM/307/0

zegulas

Traceur
If u use p2p u will most propbably get spywares. To get info on them vist Ad Awares site or right click on them and then clik on details.

rohanbee

Padawan
Yes better get a very uptodate spyware protection. I myself am suffereing from some very difficult spyware problems and am discussing these on a thread here as well....

Journeyman
I use both Ad Aware and Spybot SD 1.3
I have noticed that Ad aware (even with latest Updates) do not identify certain spyware and is not effective with certain spyware that Spybot can detect. Vice-versa is ture sometimes.
A combo of these 2 is more effective. Also, Spybot SD will show details in another box, and you can Immunize with SpBot.

rohanbee

Padawan
144 said:
I use both Ad Aware and Spybot SD 1.3
I have noticed that Ad aware (even with latest Updates) do not identify certain spyware and is not effective with certain spyware that Spybot can detect. Vice-versa is ture sometimes.
A combo of these 2 is more effective. Also, Spybot SD will show details in another box, and you can Immunize with SpBot.

Correct me if i am wrong but someone on this forum once told me that ad aware has a lot of its own spywares/irritating programmes installed with it.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i use both adAware and SpyBot both updated....

but how can i stop these cookies frm getting installed??

and where are they usually installed? in the Browser like all harmless cookies ... or somewhere else ???

i used the view details option in AdAware b4 ...

it jus says its a data miner .... and cud be dangerous ...
but is there any way to determine what data is being compromised !!!

Journeyman
if you can detect the same cookies on SpyBot SD, you can immunize ur system to them.

swatkat

Technomancer
iinfi said:
i use both adAware and SpyBot both updated....

but how can i stop these cookies frm getting installed??

and where are they usually installed? in the Browser like all harmless cookies ... or somewhere else ???

i used the view details option in AdAware b4 ...

it jus says its a data miner .... and cud be dangerous ...
but is there any way to determine what data is being compromised !!!

To prevent Tracking Cookies and other bad ActiveX components you can use SpywareBlaster. Install it, run and click "Enable All Protection" and close it.
You can also use SpywareGuard, this is a Real-Time monitor which blocks the installation of BHOs, Tracking Cookies etc. in real time. Configure it to block bad things silently, so that it wont notify you whenever it blocks something.

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i have installed Spyware Guard but even after updating the product its definitions date seems too old
Definitions Date : 1/22/04

*www.geocities.com/iinfi/spyGuard.bmp

anandk

Distinguished Member
any p2p breeds a lot of spyware on the system. if u r involved in 'p2p' u hav 2 accept this fact.

i may sound repeating somebody else, but spywareblaster/spywareguard r great tools. the definations 4 spyduard, may look old but they r still valid as they r generic. along with adaware/spybot, also use ms antispyware. if u wanna stl play safer, use prevx anti-intrusion system or zonealarm. :)

and no, adaware definately does not itself have spyware. there r similar sounding programs like no-adware, etc, which may perhaps have them !

rohanbee

Padawan
on swatkat's advice i have started using a mix of the following:-
1.) Spybot
2.) Microsoft Anti-spyware
3.) Spysweeper

Its working for me at the moment, but i shudder to think for how long??

Charley

Just Do It
Tks SWAT KAT . I was waiting for this one from you. Glad you gave me few more additions to keep my system clean from all the "c r a p".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom