Status
Not open for further replies.

indrajit

Journeyman
Hi to all. I’m having two separate problems with spyware. I’m using Windows XP Professional with SP 2 installed; I use Zone alarm for firewall and AVG 7 as antivirus. A few of my cousins use my PC for net surfing. Recently I noticed an extra button on my IE toolbar – CrackSpider.net. When clicked it connects to that site. I’ve SpyBot 1.3 installed but it has failed to track it down. Is there any way of uninstalling it from my system manually?
Secondly, every time I run SpyBot to scan my system it detects certain DSO Exploits and some Download Accelerator ads. When I try to fix them it says all the problems could not be fixed and asks to schedule a scan at next startup; but nothing helps. The next time I run SpyBot, the same set of problems are back again. This keeps repeating every time I run SpyBot 1.3. I’ve tried using the older versions but they don’t detect those problems. I’m providing a copy of the log file of SpyBot below. Any idea how these can be fixed? :(

DSO Exploit: Data source object exploit (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1844237615-1604221776-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Default ad category (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSDefaultCategory=Default

Download Accelerator Plus ads: Ad category (Registry key, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSUpdates

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSProxy

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSNoTrigger

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSFileList

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSCategory

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SpeedBit\Download Accelerator\ADSADS

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
lywyre said:
Spyware with SP2 installed. DAMN M$!

m8 most of those are from DAP and the remaining DSO expolit occurs due to the BUG in I.E for more informtation *ask-leo.com/whats_a_dso_exploit_and_how_do_i_get_rid_of_it.html

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
mate it looks like u clicked some button at the crackspider web site. thats the reason for that extra button on ur tool bar.
download ad aware se 1.05 from www.lavasoftusa.com.
download spywareblaster and spywareguard from www.javacoolsoftware.com

this is a lethal combination.

and also
change over to firefox or opera. u will forget IE 6.0

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Those are caused by a bug in Spybot Snd .. As long as the Zone Id =3 , you can ignore it ...

And if you run Download Accelerator, (its adware) you can ignore it from the list as it will download those ad files next time you go online .. So you can safely ignore them ..Its not spying ....

[deXter]

Journeyman
Other than the usual suite of SpywareBlaster, SpyBot, Ad-Aware, etc, you can try the following things

1) IE-Toolbar Manager:

This program should help you in removing any buttons in IE that you wish. You may even add your own buttons to the ie toolbar, or even customize the context menu

*www.one.com.ua/ietool/download/ietoolm.exe

2) Autoruns

Get the autoruns program from sysinternals. This program has almost all the know startup locations of your comp, and displays a comprehensive list of all the startup programs. Just disable anything that looks suspicious ;)

www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/autoruns.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom