spyware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him007

Journeyman
Hi,

My internet explorer home page automatically has been changed to sex.com, unable to change to about:blank, bcz options are disable.

Somebody told me spyHunter is best tool to remove this, but it not freeware, so can't remove it.

plz help...

him007

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
You can use freeware "SpyBot-Search & Destroy" or "Ad-aware" Antispyware software. Download it & scan entire PC in "safe mode"

:arrow: Download: SpyBot
OR
:arrow: Download: Ad-aware

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
I have Ad-aware in my PC, I scaned in the safe mode, not detecting any spyware.
I try to install the spybot, but while installation it says unable to register module :( .

tell me what to do?

thanks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Ok. Your Browser is Hijacked.
Download HijackThis to desktop
Run the program in the zip file
It will give a report
Copy & paste the report here for analysis.

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
Yes I knw the browser is hacked, That's why want to get troubleshoot early.

Last edited:

Mangal Pandey

Journeyman
nothing ...
i had started another thread the other day....
giving u the link..
may be u would find it useful.
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47861

abhijangda

Padawan
I was having the same some days ago but after reinstalling Windows it get solved. Tell me if you cannot change your home page from registry. I have also tried HijackThis! when my browser gets hijack but it is of no use. If HijackThis! cannot do that then prost here and I will tell you a registry entry which you have to change to change your homepage.

anandk

Distinguished Member
yes its a spyware attack. and ur browser/home/search pages have been hijacked.

first run adaware, avg, spybot (or any 2 good anti-spys) in SAFE MODE.
then use 'ccleaner' to clear up residual pc junk.

open your ie>intenet options>homepage>change to about:blank
then lock your home page.

If the feature is disabled (greyed out), go to Doug Knox's site and download this script this dougknox script and save this file to your hard drive. Navigate 2 where u saved it n double click d file. d VB Script file will check 4 d appropriate value & if not found will create it. u will be notified whether d option is enabled or disabled.

2 manually make d change:
open Regedit and go to and change to
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main] "about:blank"

Home Page Hijacked :
If the Tabs have been removed from Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options and/or u receive a restriction warning message, run
Restore All Tabs under Internet Options (kellyskorner tweak no 268 ) It will restore all tabs and lift the restriction.

after u have set to 'about:blank' using above or internet options now, lock it !
download this kellyskorner registry tweak and doubleclick/add 2 registry.

u will also check if ur hosts file has been hijacked.

its located in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

i suggest u download a GOOD hosts file from here *www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
unzip it and place it in the above location. replace ur existing file. dont worry !
read info in this link so that u r also satisfied. then LOCK ur hosts file.

quoted myself from *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47624&highlight=browser+hijacked

OP
H

Him007

Journeyman
tell me one thing why ant-spware is not detecting any spyware in my machine in d safe mode?
spybot is not going to install it says " module error"
problem is still same.....

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
There are both versions of AVG Anti-Spyware. Free version is a cut off version of AVG paid version. Free version does not have real-time scanner.
Download Free version from here:
*free.grisoft.com/doc/20/lng/us/tpl/v5

Onemore thing, Why can't you guys post the HijackThis report here. I am asking for the same from the beginning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom