Spybot, Popups on booting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Every time I boot up my PC (Win XP Home), several popups from Spybot apprears each saying some "Registry Value Changed". It may be a normal behaviour of Spybot but since it seems very irritating, is there any means to stop such popups appearing?

V.Prem Kumar

sakumar79

Technomancer
You have turned on the Realtime protection service of Spybot... Go to Mode->Advanced. Now, go to Tools on left menu and select Resident. Make sure TeaTimer is unchecked...

Arun

OP
J

janitha

Wise Old Owl
sakumar79 said:
You have turned on the Realtime protection service of Spybot... Go to Mode->Advanced. Now, go to Tools on left menu and select Resident. Make sure TeaTimer is unchecked...

Arun

Will making the realtime protection (Tea Timer) disabled be risky?

V.Prem Kumar

sakumar79

Technomancer
Turn it on during installation of software and switch it off at other times... Should be okay... Personally, since I rarely install stuff, (and when I do, I get software that I trust from original website), I dont use the realtime protection... Instead, I simply run the scan regularly to confirm absense of spyware...

Do ensure you have antivirus and firewall running, then you dont need to have Spybot's realtime protection running all the time...

Arun

anandk

Distinguished Member
disable the teatimer. pretty safe.
if u wann play real safe, enable it when on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom