split .mkv files

Status
Not open for further replies.

temperworld

Broken In
i have a 7.5 gb .mkv file.it's a high definition movie file. here double layer dvd costs a bomb.
so is there any way i can split the file into two pieces so that i can write them in two dvd-5

don't say win rar or zip 'coz if i wanna watch the movie i have to unrar them first.unraring 7.5 gb takes a little time.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
.mkv? Try AviDemux

Are you sure to store the output as .MKV? It wont play in DVD Player? Why don't you convert it to H.264

ajayritik

Technomancer
Check out HAALI MATROSKA SPLITTER! Even I had some trouble splitting mkv files but I later found a software which was installed when I ran mkv file for the first time. If you have any trouble let me know I can give you the detailed steps how to do. Where are you from?

OP
T

temperworld

Broken In
ajayritik said:
Check out HAALI MATROSKA SPLITTER! Even I had some trouble splitting mkv files but I later found a software which was installed when I ran mkv file for the first time. If you have any trouble let me know I can give you the detailed steps how to do. Where are you from?

ok thank you.
i under stand nothing when opened the HAALI MATROSKA SPLITTER.only two options available.one for uninstall and another for Media Splitter Settings. can u give me detailed steps.

i am from trivandram, kerala

ajayritik

Technomancer
Sure dude! believe me even I was surprised when I opened the application for the first time. I had searched for so many applications that could split and mkv file. Later I know that the software was already installed on my computer. I guess that thing came with an mkv file. I will post you the details pretty soon.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
Is this the duplicate thread for the one in software trouble shooting, under same title ?

anyhow try this :

*www.matroska.org/downloads/windows.html

see editors section in the page opened after clicking the link above

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom