speed of bittorrent is slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pravesh_4766

Broken In
hi
i have a small problem in bittorrent software
when downloading any movies or music its downloading speed is become 5-7 kb/s and if i download it by other it taking 25-30 kb/s help me
i have a 10mb/s speed of internet in win2000 server

abhra

Broken In
Check the Global Download Rate in the software - it is normally 0 (meaning infinite). See if it has changed for some reason. Availability of peers for a particular torrent is also an issue.

In any case, different torrent softwares use different servers and different databases. It depends on the software itself. Maybe BitTorrent's server has a problem. Also, check for updates; your version maybe an old one & needs to be updated. Use the other torrent softwares as they seem to be OK. In any case, uTorrent is always the best according to me - super-light & effective.

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
depends on how many peple are seeding as well (and they may also have there upload rate set to the lowest setting possible) could be firewall issue too

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
i m also having this problem...
earlier i used to get speeds around 100 KBps and some times even 150 KBps..
Now when i reinstalled windows, i m not able to get speeds above 40 KBps sometimes even 12-13 KBps..
the torrent i m downloading has 4103 seeds and i m connected to 17....

I disabled the windows firewall and installed outpost...
The port is forwarded properly... and it is accepting connections...

wat cud b the problem for slow speed??
i m on Home 500 plan which provides 2 Mbps..

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Click here for a Detailed Tutorial on Torrents
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55842

Hope this helps :)

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Also the cable has 4 joints to make up the wire... that can b a cause to slow up??
i hav also removed the ADSL splitter and joined the cable directly...

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
did this speed test proviede on BSNL's website...
I m on 2 Mbps and it is showing this 56 KBps speed...
*img176.imageshack.us/img176/6473/untitledkp2.jpg
Wat sud i do?? plz help me

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Lolz, thats true BSNL style ! ;)

Anywayz are u usin ur ADSL or Dial Up line ?!? :D Again kidding !

Okay jokes apart, this is either the problem with ur speed settings in ur server or in ur lines, in either case call BSNL office and ask them to rectify it.
And keep ur fingers crossed ! :)

Same thing happened with my friend's MTNL 2Mbps, was fixed in a day, was a problem with his speed setting in MTNL server, BTW he was stuck on smtng arnd 256Kbps n not Dialup 56kbps LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom