Special Characters in ur filename!

Status
Not open for further replies.

detj2004

Broken In
Have u ever seen the icon name of NFS Most Wanted on the desktop, when its installed properly. You might have notices the 'TM' character after the text 'Need For Speed'.
Does n e 1 kno how to custom put such characters in your filename?

satyamy

Alive Again...
their are alt + 0149 for • & many other alt code just press alt & than type code that character will come
ya if you dont know the alt code see it from the work you can also do it either way just type file name in word copy it from word & than paste it as your file name
Very Simple...... :)

satyamy

Alive Again...
GeekyBoy said:
Hey guys

Found out that Alt + 255 enables a file to have no filename!!
actually it gives a space & nothing else
dont need to type code just press spacebar :eek:

shaunak

Tux Fan
Look throuh start>all programs>accesories>system tools> charecter map and scroll
Google "ASCII map" to get full list.
eg:
>> 97-122 :-small a to z
>> 65-90 :-A to Z
>> 1~9 :-☺☻♥♦♣♠•◘○
>> ™ :-153
and there are also 65k+ unicode chars

¨°o_O-(×÷·.·´¯`·)»<º))))><.·´¯`·.[Shaunak]¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>«(·´¯`·.·÷×)-o_O°¨

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
friends i tried it in my pc and it works fine.. but when i tried the same way in my laptop it is not working.. why is it..

i use in pc xp with sp2 but sp2 was not integrated but was putted after while my laptop has xp integrated sp2 installed.. is it the reason or somethin else??

GeekyBoy

In the zone
satyamy said:
actually it gives a space & nothing else
dont need to type code just press spacebar :eek:

Hey

Just pressing spacebar won't work.It will just revert back to the previous filename.Press ALT+255 to have a file without a filename.

shaunak

Tux Fan
the.kaushik said:
friends i tried it in my pc and it works fine.. but when i tried the same way in my laptop it is not working.. why is it..

i use in pc xp with sp2 but sp2 was not integrated but was putted after while my laptop has xp integrated sp2 installed.. is it the reason or somethin else??

ASCII chars are constant on all systems excepting some non standard charecters like alt+1[☺] etc.
On systems not capeble of displaying this it will apear as a rectangle. [ࡡ]
charecters like Alt+032 onwards should shou up fine if all fonts are correctly installed.

satyamy

Alive Again...
GeekyBoy said:
Hey

Just pressing spacebar won't work.It will just revert back to the previous filename.Press ALT+255 to have a file without a filename.

ya thats right...... :)

Ishan

In the zone
Ok..if this is solved ...
another ques...what does that"TM" and many other things like something written on Windows Xp Prpfessional and on some film production names and all that mean..Are they some shortcuts or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom