speaker woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

neyo

Broken In
i going to buy 2.1 speakers in just a few days. please help me choose a very good model from logitech or creative or altec lansing. which brand is good? please can you also mention the rms rating, SNR ratio and other ratings with a wired remote control. i'm looking for atleast 64W of rms rating (ok. lower if not possible). i'm willing to spend not more than 1500 on this( lower is better).man where do you expect me to get those bucks from .
i'm a bum now. i probably think this is the last i'll ever spend on speakers for another 4-5 years(thats what happened in case of my pc it is 3yrs old and no response from my father), so please give me the best possible speaker models for the price i've mentioned. please reply fast. btw i'm not in that hurry, are the prices gonna fall in 2-3 weeks time? looking forward for a speedy reply.[/quote]

DOnt go for creative

in that range mercury will be best

look for hte speakers having treble button

Altec and creative dont have this except in ATP3

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Just stick to the brand ones like logitech, Creative or Altec....Never go for intec, mercury etc etc....

For u r budget...the logitech model mentioned by u maybe little bit high ..i.e. around 1.8-2.2k.

else

try Creative inspire 2.1 which is around 1.5k

Geforce

Journeyman
Creative SBS 370 2.1 for 1k or if you can stretch ur budget go for Altec lansing ATP3 2.1 for around 2.6k :)

OP
N

neyo

Broken In
hey i've someone mention in this forum that atp3 costs 1200 in kolkata. is it true. how much does it cost in hyderabad.

Geforce

Journeyman
neyo said:
hey i've someone mention in this forum that atp3 costs 1200 in kolkata. is it true. how much does it cost in hyderabad.

????????

ATP3 for 1200 ....... No way. !!!

:-0

Broken In
for that price range u have a very limited choice,so forget about all paper specs and try and listen to the speakers yourself and see which YOU like the best,because in this price range bad speakers are abundant.here are a few models,all of which may not be available where u live:
1.altec lansing AVS300(1.2k)
2.altec lansing 121i(1.3k)
3.artis S500 (1.5k)......dont bother abt cheaper models in artis range,they r pretty bad.
4.creative SBS370(1.3k)
5.logitech M-20(1.6k)
DONT BUY ANY OTHER BRAND THAN THE ONES MENTIONED ABOVE>
also,prices may vary from the ones i have given here.
but remember,LISTEN BEFORE U BUY,and buy a model u have heard.dont go by what the dealer tells u that a speaker is 2000W,3000W,etc because even a high watt speaker can sound bad.so listen and decide for yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom