Speaker Suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
I have to change my speakers every 2-3 years because their sound almost blasts away.
Are their any good speakers and of what comapany so that they last longer.

I am not a very avid hi tech music buff but i like to have 2 good speakers with melodious
sound so that every beat can be heard.

Suggest me some good speakers with their company and also will I need something extra like tweeters or stuff like that so that i can improve my sound quality.

2 most imp requisites - long lasting, good quality and range-Rs.300-800.

aadipa

Padawan
You may try to get creative SBS20 if u can... those are really old speakers sold with creative sound card and CDROM as multimedia kit some years ago. But those are only good speakers in low price range.

OP
N

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
ok i am removing the price limit. now post the options but also mention their expected price tags for Delhi.

Only Simple good speakers needed.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Within my experience, Mercury 2.1 speakers have the best sound in their price class (and that includes Creative, Altec-Lansing, etc), especially the sub-woofer. Their SW-980R is good but lacks a bit in extreme highs; the SW-1480 sounds even better but has no built-in FM radio. They both cost about 1k.

The down side of these speakers is that the volume control often develops a scratch after some time.

rajesh

Journeyman
If U want a bit cheap then FronTech and INtex should be fine. Mercury is also quite Ok.

Try JBL speakers. I am having them and they are quite good. If u want a entire setup Go for Creative speakers.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
You want really good speakers then I suggest u save up money then go to any comp dealer get the Altec Lansing ATP3 or the 621. Atp 3 costs something around 3800/- dunno abt 621 (am not sure). Dude these speakers r kick @$$ u wont need anything else. Just go for it.

P.S. I know this coz I'm using Altec Lansing ATP3 for the last 3 years :).

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Well the problem with cheap speakers is that they lack quality and literally die out real soon. If you want a set that will last you a long time, you need to invest a fair amount of money. Altec Lansing has some great speakers and check out the ones that djmykey listed above. Other than those, I would suggest you look at speakers from Logitech (my persoanl favorites although suave would disagree :p) and Creative. I would recommend others like Klipsch and Bose but those are way too expensive. My advice-invest some more money and get either Altec, Logitech, or Creative. You won't be disappointed.

aadipa

Padawan
ATP3 are the best at about 3100

But u may try Creative at lower price range

Creative SBS 370 - 2.1 - / 1300
Creative Inspire 2.1 - / 1875

djmykey

Let the music play.....
The creative series dont pack a punch they only pack a hell of a lot of channels. so if ur channels maniac then creative is for u. and if ur bass addict then altec is for u. As far as logitech is concerned seriously nemi i dont know a thing abt it coz never saw it. :p

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
LOL yea Logitech bass is thunderous. I love bass so I don't care about anything else :wink:

They sound great aadipa and not just because of the bass. Of course, they may not offer clear sound like Altec but they still have some great speakers.

vysakh

Padawan
i have been using altec lansing avs300 for over 2 years now and i have not faced any problem with it.

aadipa

Padawan
Nemesis said:
LOL yea Logitech bass is thunderous. I love bass so I don't care about anything else :wink:

They sound great aadipa and not just because of the bass. Of course, they may not offer clear sound like Altec but they still have some great speakers.

I am not talking about THX certified high end speakers. but low end sub 2K speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom