Speaker Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys,i hv a MERCURY 980 W 2.1 Speaker setup. Lately im unable to hear sound from the Right Speaker wenever i play any games,music or any PC system sounds too. The Left speaker gives all the sounds (while playing games,music as well as PC system sounds).

I have also noticed that wen i turn ON the radio (from the speaker's amplifier), the sound is played to both the speakers.

This problem (sound NOT coming from right speaker) arises only wen i play games,music,PC system sounds,start up and shut down sounds.

I DONT hv a sound card and my Mobo has an onboard sound wich is SOUNDMAX (version 5.12.1.3630) I hv also reinstalled the Sound drivers but the problem still persists.Please help...!!

My mobo is Intel D-865 GBF,256 MB DDR(266) Hynix RAM,WIN-XP SP2.

Cheers n e-peace....

shariq_pj

Broken In
I hope this thread works...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33295

I had the same problem a few days back... Some audio connector was loose and it was back to normal...

d

Journeyman
yeah usually it is the connector problem......but before u jump to conclusions, chk if in ur volume control, if the balance slider is set to the centre.....and then as a last resort, cut off the jack of the speakers and then solder a new jack in...or get someone to do it for you....

cheers

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Yaa i tried all the Volume controls too and today i Interchanged the wires leading from the speaker to the Amplifier of my 2.1 Speaker setup,now the reverse thing has happened. Now i can hear sound from the RIGHT speaker but i cant hear sound from LEFT speaker (after interchanging the wires).. :? :?
So wat conclusion can i make out ?? :? Is it the wiring ?? that need to be replaced or wat?? plz help guys :? :?
d wrote:
and then as a last resort, cut off the jack of the speakers and then solder a new jack in...or get someone to do it for you....
Can u please explain wat u mean by this ?? :? Is it the wiring that goes from the speakers to the Amplifier tat ur telling me or sumthing else ..Please explain in detail buddy as im a novice in this :? :?

Cheers n e-peace....

I

invisible

when it happend with me ,i gave the speakers for repair to a technician .He replaced one chip in the woofer and from then on, this problem dint arise again.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
invisible wrote:
when it happend with me ,i gave the speakers for repair to a technician .He replaced one chip in the woofer and from then on, this problem dint arise again.
Hey buddy How much it costed u ?? and thanx a lot for ur suggestion.. i will try this out and post my results.. :)

cheers n e-peace...

I

invisible

ashu888ashu888 said:
invisible wrote:
Hey buddy How much it costed u ?? and thanx a lot for ur suggestion.. i will try this out and post my results.. :)

cheers n e-peace...
Rs 50/-

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys, today i went to the Local Electronic Repair shop to check if my Speakers were working correctly or not. Well i hv found tat both my speakers are working fine (sound coming from both the speakers) but wenever i plug them in the JACK of my mobo, then while playing songs i can hear sound from just one speaker but while listening to radio (from the Woofer radio button) i can hear sound from both speakers..... :shock: :shock:

Now, Is the audio Jack on my mobo corrupt ?? If yes, then how will i fix this ? and will buying a sound card rectify and solve this problem ? I hv an INTEL D 865 GBF mobo.

Please suggest guys..... :cry:

Cheers n e-peace.....

shariq_pj

Broken In
Did u check out with the connectors on the motherboard... There's one small paired wire that's connected to the mobo... This problem comes if that wire's loose or faulty... Check it out...

goobimama

 Macboy
I had this problem some time ago....my soundcard had a defect (AC97 Onboard). Try replacing the soundcard (add in a cheap soundcard)...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
shariq_pj wrote:
Did u check out with the connectors on the motherboard... There's one small paired wire that's connected to the mobo... This problem comes if that wire's loose or faulty... Check it out...
Can u please try adn tell me that where exactly i can find this wire adn how does it looks buddy ?? as i really hv no idea abt it..Is this wire connected from the connector to the mobo or sumthing else ?? :? Any detail or short explanation will be really helpful buddy...

goobimama wrote:
I had this problem some time ago....my soundcard had a defect (AC97 Onboard). Try replacing the soundcard (add in a cheap soundcard)...
Yup!! I hv an Onboard sound wich is SOUNDMAX well so according to u, I shud buy a SOUND CARD and fit it onto my PCI slot on my mobo rite ?? :? But buddy can u please enlighten me on wat type of sound card shud i go for and its approx price as well.. :? (i hv an INTEL D865 GBF mobo with a 2.1 Mercury Speaker setup)...and i jus want the sound to come from both the speakers normally and i dnt wanna invest it on a costly sound card as i wanna save it to buy more RAM for my mobo.. :)

cheers n e-peace....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
siriusb wrote:
^You can go for a Creative SB Live 7.1 Sound Card @ Rs. 1700.
Budy I will go bankrupt (main toh loot jaaunga.... :shock: ) plz guys, any other cheap but good solutions (if any) under Rs.600/- (max).....And will this completely eliminate my Speaker sound problem ? :roll: :roll:

Cheers n e-peace......

goobimama

 Macboy
Just get a cheap soundcard. No need for creative if mercury speakers is what you got. Just get one for 400-600 bucks...

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey guys,

I enquired from various local dealers (in mumbai) and they told me tat sound card from 2 local companies are available:

1) Lancer-----------> Rs.325/- (approx.)
2)Intex-------------> Rs.320/- (approx.)

With sum "CMI" or so called based chipset (on both the cards) Now i wanna ask tat are these reliable sound cards? and am i offered a correct price? And installing this sound card will solve my sound problem?

I hv an INTEL D865GBF motherboard (with onboard SOUNDMAX sound gone corrupt) with WIN XP PRO+SP2 as my OS and 256 MB DDR(266) Hynix RAM and Seagate 160 GB SATA HDD

Cheers n e-peace...

::cyborg::

In the zone
check out some configuration in the control panel and check out the line out cable get it soldered if there is a problem new cable is of 30 rs i think so and some times the only jack has a prblem i mean the line out jack so check it out with a voltmeter

I

invisible

ashu888ashu888 said:
Hey guys,

I enquired from various local dealers (in mumbai) and they told me tat sound card from 2 local companies are available:

1) Lancer-----------> Rs.325/- (approx.)
2)Intex-------------> Rs.320/- (approx.)

With sum "CMI" or so called based chipset (on both the cards) Now i wanna ask tat are these reliable sound cards? and am i offered a correct price? And installing this sound card will solve my sound problem?

I hv an INTEL D865GBF motherboard (with onboard SOUNDMAX sound gone corrupt) with WIN XP PRO+SP2 as my OS and 256 MB DDR(266) Hynix RAM and Seagate 160 GB SATA HDD

Cheers n e-peace...
dont get intex
yamaha is good.
make sure sound card supports 5.1 surround sound with DTS

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
invisible wrote:
dont get intex
yamaha is good.
Can u tell me its approximate price buddy ?? It shud not be more than Rs.500/- as i need only a Cheap but reliable sound card solution as i hv a simple Mercury 2.1 speaker setup also i wana save money for extra RAM. SO i hv planned to go for a local brand but if Yamaha is in my budget then i will surely ask the dealer/seller. :) Thanx for ur advice bro !!

cheers n e-peace...

I

invisible

ashu888ashu888 said:
invisible wrote:
dont get intex
yamaha is good.
Can u tell me its approximate price buddy ?? It shud not be more than Rs.500/- as i need only a Cheap but reliable sound card.

cheers n e-peace...
lol sorry i donno
check this *computerwarehousepricelist.com/productlist.asp?ctg=13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom