SparKle 8600 GT and SparKle 8500 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratzee199

Journeyman
Hi guys
Today I saw in www.theitwares.com that they have this SPARKLE 8500 and 8600 GT 256 MB cards...and they are avilable at Rs 6300 and Rs 9400 respectively. I wanted to know how good are these graphics cards as they are from SPARKLE..and what's the cost of XFX carsd also for the same??and are they avilable in Lemington road also??
I also got that information from reviews that these 8000 series cards are of MID range cards and there performance is just between 7600 GT and 7950 GT..
The Stream Processor is only 32 while in 8800 GT it is 96.
so is it advisable to go for these cards considering that they are Direct x 10 based cards.??
please help..

cynosure

UbuntuUser
^^ This is my confusion too but what I read on the various review sites is that the 8600GTS screws up the gaming at high details and high resolutions (The fps being merely 30-40).
The XFX8600 GTS XXX edition is an OC version and can beat the 7950GT in some benchmarks but same cant be said bout the other 8600 cards from other companies.

*www.firingsquad.com/hardware/nvidia_geforce_8600_gts_preview/page6.asp

^^ These guys have reviewed the 8600 cards. Check it out. And it wins the game.

*www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2975&p=4

^^Here they are using the non OC version of the card and it loses the battle easily.

So I think that you should wait for a month atleast, so that the ATI DX10 cards are released. This should drop the prices of 8800 further so that ppl like you and me can buy a decent gfx card.;)

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
8500GT is not made for hardcore gaming. It is more like made for casual users & HTPC machines due to PureVideo HD & DX10 support for Windows Vista. Good enough for solid Vista PCs which are also scalable & future proof,.

assasin

Banned
i'm waiting for ATI DX10 cards.i'll only buy only after both companies hav their prods in the market.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
8500GT will give performance equivalent to a Geforce 7600GT so it is not a nad card but just due to DX 10 capabilities I recomend this for home PCs, infact i would more recomend Geforce 8200/8300 series but thats now out yet. These cards are made for lite gaming but are seriously good for computing, HTPC & Vista

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
8500GT will give performance equivalent to a Geforce 7600GT
Errrr.....do you mean the 7600GS? or the 8600GT delivering an equivalent peformance of a 7600GT cause AFAIK the 8500GT is only marginally better than 7600GS.;)

darklord

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
8800 GTS Kicks ass...no card is even close to it........I will wait:D

Heh ?? isnt 8800GTS a high end card ??
These are all mainstream cards and hence are cheaper too :) They are not meant to beat or equal 8800GTS ,isnt it ?

Pathik

Google Bot
even i m confused whether to go 4 8600gt or wait 4 the ati dx10 cards to come.. Hopefully the prices ll come down after the ati cards release..

darklord

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
yes....and yes......n yes......thats what the statement was for, who said I am comparing.
No i mean we were discussing 8600 n 8500 and you started talking about 8800 which got me confused :))

cynosure

UbuntuUser
pathiks said:
even i m confused whether to go 4 8600gt or wait 4 the ati dx10 cards to come.. Hopefully the prices ll come down after the ati cards release..

WAit for them, wait for them. The prices will drop and maybe the ATI will bang nvidia cards, who knows?? AMD is known for cheap prices and better performance. Even if ATI gives equivalent performance at a cheaper price, then also we cant complain!!!:)

Or buy any one of the 8600/8500 cards and let us know the performance.:D:D:D

darklord

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
Strange you are the only I see confused.......the statement was not even ment for you......

Heh ? Are you retarded or something ? That was a statement made in light mood :rolleyes:
People are talking about 8500 and 8600 and not 8800,thats why the comment.
I suggest you go through the thread from beginning and i am sure you will realise that your post is OT....bleh.:grin:

darklord

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
Retarded....ha looks whos talking....Brain with a noodle soup.....What ever people are talking whoever asked you to pass a comment....eh!.....why dont you mind your own business.......

Yeah my brain is full of Chinese noodles,just like you :D
Well who are you to tell me whether to pass comments or no ? This Forum is not your private property so STFU.:mad:

stop fighting guys or else I might need to hand you both a few days of ban. Today 09:13 AM

Apologies mod but you can see my posts elsewhere,i am not a moron to fight for no good reason.If although some retards do instigate me, i am not going to sit tight and listen to the crap.If you wanna ban me for that,then go ahead...ban me.:)

Signing off....
Darky

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
not many dx10 games r out so i suggest wait for ati dx10 cards then buy the best card out of the 2.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Currently nvidia has driver related performance issues so u can expect better performance in directX 9 and 10 games in vista.Don't know about issues related to xp.

keith_j_snyder2

Rising ApocalypsE
There were Drivers related issues with nVidia but with the older ones,but now they have fully working,absolutely fine drivers for the Dx10 cards & besides this Dx10 cards can run DX 9 games because of the backward compatibility(a good thing).
Its true that there is no DX10 game in the market except a demo which was relased few days back but there will be Dx10 games soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom