Status
Not open for further replies.

ayushbansal

Right off the assembly line
i installed winxp withsp2 a few days ago.when i start my pc my mouse stops in between for 1-2 seconds.this occurs often also strange sounds comes from my speakers after short intervals of time.i had no such problem with only winxp.ipresently has only winxp and i am not facing any problems.can i correct this

escape7

What? Where? How?
medigit said:
Check ur Mouse.is there Dirt inside it .Clean it.this might help.
what'll he do if he has an optical mouse??? :lol: ,clen the lense???...lol

By tha way i have sp2 installed, when i right click it takes 4-5 seconds for the menu to show up. I asked this earlier tried what the guys said, sadly nothing happened. I've disabled all extra graphics...
sys :
256 mb ram
1 ghz - P-III processor

expertno.1

Technomancer
there might be some processes at that 2 second interval
its normal no problem
if you fell more problem contact your vendor

Calcatian

Journeyman
:wink: Methinks its way 2 L8 4 our d00d - format & reinstall - don't apply sp2 this time, no auto-updates too :!:
And the way things are heading maybe u soon have 2 stay offline 2 hide from MS :lol:

chinmay

Journeyman
dude...i had the same problem when i installed my sp2...then some1 suggested me to disable the lan card if it is a faulty 1 or if i don't use it....after diabling the lan card my pc worked just fine....actually sp2 puts lots of juice on security and to check if any malicious code is not entering through the network...by disabling the extra lan card this stops...

saROMan

QA Juggler
i have experienced that sp2 reduces the mouse speed for no apperent reason..so increse the speed fm control panel

well basically Sp2 gives much more strain to ur PC..than plain XP ..so if u have a Old sys..they u will see degraded performence..also sp2 starts many useless processes..which are not necesory....

1st disable automatic updates
if u dont use system restore turn it off..
disable indexing service
security center does not have much advances.so u can turn it off

i rem 1st when i installed sp2 ..when ever i right clicked..my PC used to hang..i had to restart every time...
i closed many unwanted services and it worked fine after that .

ther are many threads here suggesting which services to disable and which to not..so search for them..also type msconfig in run box..and disable unwanted or unknown startup preocesses..like MS office startup , task shedule etc

OP
A

ayushbansal

Right off the assembly line
thanks for your replies but i donot have dirt in my mouse and it does not hangs while right clickink when i move it on the screen then it stops.it happens after every10-15 seconds also speakers sounds bad often.both things works with winxp without sp2.

my dear friend just 1 simple thing, use 1 of ur friends mouse and see.if its having da same problem then theres no problem in ur mouse but in ur system

Tech&ME

Banned
There are several reasons why this is happening with your PC.

1. If u have a slow PC then this is normal to happen with SP2 installed.

2. After installing SP2 there could be some driver problem. If u are using USB mouse (optical ) then check in the device manager if it is detected correctly and configured correctly. Even if it is configured correctly go to Windows Update to get the latest driver for it. Legacy support for USB 2.0 requires additional drivers with Windows XP.

3. See if your computer is overheating or not. This also happens when your computer overheats and hence the OS stops responding.

4. Try disabling additions services this can also help.

5. Try to wait up till your Antivirus Software has fully loaded when you start Windows XP. That is wait and just look at the RED LED, when it stops and starts to flicker with delay, Start working on your Computer, your computer will not hang again !! ( Actually Windows XP has not been loaded completely and also some services are still being loaded in the background but you see the desktop ready, which actually is not ready. )

D

Deleted member 5901

expertno.1 said:
patch it with autopatcher !
:D
:arrow: U hit the nail on the head !!! BUT i would like to add - "THAT DO NOT USE THE TWAEKS AVAILABLE IN AUTOPATCHER "!!! :D

GOOD LUCK !!!! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom