SP2 and resizing problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
1) I tried installing Microsoft Windows XP SP2 on to my PC running on Windows XP Professional, but it gives me a warning that setup cannot continue because the key used gor Windows XP is invalid and to resolve this problem i should visit www.howtotell.com.
How can i get through this problem.I really need to install SP2 as most of the softwares now days need SP2 as the basic requirement.

2) Secondly i have a 160 GB HDD having the following partitions:
c:\ 19.5 GB
d:\ 29.2 GB
e:\ 48.8 GB
f:\ 51.3 GB

I have approx. 23.5 GB space free in D partition and rest is the used space. I want to create an unallocated space out of this 23.5 GB partition and want the size of that space to be approx 15 GB. Now i want to do this without wiping of the data present on D:\ and without using commercial softwares such as Partition Magic. Does any one knows a software that can run in Windows or DOS that can solve this problem.I've consulted a old Handbook for the 30 min expert distributed by DIGIT a long time ago.It states that i can use BootIT NG in such cases.Will it be able to do the work?

Thanks

stalin

Journeyman
1) mail me buddy i will help you up windows SP2 Problem.

2) Get Partion Magic it is good for resizing the partion. You can't resize the partion with BootNg coz data's will be wiped off. I use BootNg for Boot up with Multi OS. Before trying with any new software backup you data's, then read the manual carefully then do it. It could save lot of time for you.

rajas

In the zone
Hey hittheswitch

You have a pirated copy of Windows XP or using the Product Key marked invalid in SP2. In case you have pirated one get a Genuine one yourself.

@stalin:

Sorry to say but, its illegal to support piracy. See the forum rules.
excuse me if I have mistaken you.

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
stalin said:

2) Get Partion Magic it is good for resizing the partion. You can't resize the partion with BootNg coz data's will be wiped off. I use BootNg for Boot up with Multi OS. Before trying with any new software backup you data's, then read the manual carefully then do it. It could save lot of time for you.

He said he does not want PartitionMagic. So try to read properly.

Try Ranish Partition Manager. Search for it on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom