SP 2 , too troublesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajat22

In the zone
After installing SP 2 on my Windows XP Home, ALL OPTIONS OF WINDOWS UPDATES UNDER SYSTEM IS GREYED OUT AND ONLINE UPDATE GIVES Error number: 0x8DDD0003.
Till SP 2, I was using manual update before SP 2 with no problem at all.
To correct the problem, I reinstalled windows and SP 2 without effect. Please help.
I failed to contact Microsoft through win update XP site .
Come on, show your talents.

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
u can add

**.microsoft.com as a trusted web site under internet options>security

it will not only load all MS sites quickly but WU Site will also load corectly...

Do one more thing...

Go to www.Download.Microsoft.com or www.Microsoft.com/Piracy
to validate ur copy of Winows.. it will install a DOWNLOAD KEY in ur XP thru an Active X so that u can access all MS downloads (only if ur using a licensed copy otherwise won't)

hey!The EOORS MSG...

ALL OPTIONS OF WINDOWS UPDATES UNDER SYSTEM IS GREYED OUT AND ONLINE UPDATE GIVES Error number: 0x8DDD0003.

RU Getting this ERROR in XP or Internet Explorer while browsing....?

If IE then GET JRE/MS JAVA VM...

wORm

Journeyman
One more thing, one cannot use Windows Update website after installing SP2 on a pirated copy of Windows XP.

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
XP CD IS 100% Genuine. I failed to communicate properly.
The problem is whenever I visit Wondows Update site , after scan the message is, Your automatic update is turned off. If I want to correct the frault the options are grayed out. Before SP 2 I use to update regularly without any problem. Any solution?

[deXter]

Journeyman
Didnt I post a reply to this earlier?

Anyways, it appears as if your Windows update services are disabled.

Goto Start -> Run -> services.msc

There look for the services called as "Automatic Updates" and "Background Intelligent Transfer Service". Set their startup to Automatic and Manual, respectively. Restart your comp and try to update your comp.

*img62.photobucket.com/albums/v189/dextersgenius/signature1.gif

OP
rajat22

rajat22

In the zone
Dear friends,
I tried all but it did not work. Somebody asked about the validity of this OS. So I GOT IT FROM MICROSOFT. Below the validation is the error message I am receiving at Windows update Site. :x
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for running the Windows Validation Assistant, it appears that your Windows product key is valid.
This is a strong indicator that your operating system is genuine, however the Windows Validation Assistant cannot make a final determination.
To verify that you received a genuine Certificate of Authenticity and software CD, compare your anti-piracy features in the next section. :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Error number: 0x8DDD0003]
Network policy settings prevent you from using Windows Update to

download and install updates on your computer. If you believe you have

received this message in error, please check with your system

administrator.
Read more about steps you can take to resolve this problem yourself. :eek: :(
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know you are all trying harder & harder to solve my problem.So I dont want to thank you again & again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom