Status
Not open for further replies.

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
hey guys,
I just wanted the answers to the following questions:
1) Which games have their source code free for anyone to modify em? are they available for fre downloads??
2) In which programming language do these source code use??
3) Where do i get em from??

Thanks in Advance.....

rkb2005

Broken In
There are a no of games with free released source code. eg Doom I,Freecraft (like warcraft from Blizzard),Dink Smallwood(A great RPG),Duke Nukem 3d(old) etc. Yes, they are available for free downloads ,I got them from a no. of Magazine CDs.
Most of them are written in C/C++ programming language. But beware the source code wont be simple to understand; there will be thousands of C/C++ source code files.Now-a-days most windows games are written in DirectX, (If you know MFC it'll be easy learn DirectX). Game programming looks very interesting but it is very difficult to do.
I would suggest you to (as a first step) develop games using game dev tools like GameMaker (Only for arcade games but is very simple to program: just drag-drop and little bit of coding like VB).
Happy game programming in advance!!

OP
B

bazigaar_no_1

Broken In
thanks for the reply dude, but the problem lies in the fact that ISC sylabus has Java in it and not C/C++ so its a bit difficult and i dont even have any books to learn about DirectX

rkb2005

Broken In
Now-a-days its hip n happening in Java open source front. As far as I know there are coming up with some Game dev API in java too.
Regarding DirectX go for Yeshwant Kanetkars "DirectX programming"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom