SoundMax Problem in Redhat 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

krish

Journeyman
I have got an AMD 2400+ system with ASUS A7V266-MX mob. The onboard sound is Soundmax Cadenza. The problem is that though the onboard sound device is recognised by Redhat 9 but when I click 'Play Test sound', no sound is played and it says that 'sound won't be available on your system'. I've tried to download the drivers for this. But on the ASUS website there are no drivers available for my model of mobo. Please help if someone has the solution.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Not a problem go to alsa website download the three files ie the alsa library, alsa client and the alsa tools(it has the mixer) now do the standard setup by ./configure make && make install and presto you have sound.

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
Actually I didn't know that in which discusion it should be posted. So I posted in all the threads in which it can be.

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
Hey Pradeep can you tell me the detailed procedure? I downloaded all the packages you wrote but please tell me the detailed procedure. It would be of great help. Thanks

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Sorry for the delay, the process is straight first unzip and un tar the source do a ./configure then a make && make install
the sequence has to be first the alsa lib then the alsa client then the alsa tools. note by default the sound is mute so to enamle sound run the alsamixer to set the sound values. enjoy.

OP
K

krish

Journeyman
Actually ./configure is ok but I'm confused in 'make && make install'. Is this command has to be written as it is?

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
actually it is "make" then the next command is "make installl" but can be clubed together as "make && make install" note this requires superuser /root permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom