Soundcard problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

crs_cwiz

Broken In
I've got an asus P5N32-E sli mobo (nvidia 680i SLi) with soundmax HD audio soundcard. ihavent used it for quite a few months ( during the rains) and now that i'm back home, the souncard doesnt work. the front ports are working, but the back ports refuse to work. funnily, i hear sound from one channel if i insert the jack halfway in. is my soundcard frizzeld? if yes, which soundcard would be an appropriate replacement? I need atleast 5.1 with good quality for occasional music and gaming (DVD quality appreciated)

OP
crs_cwiz

crs_cwiz

Broken In
thanks!.. wats the starting price of x-fi / audigy series? and are they actually worth the hype/money/specs??

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
excellent quality...but for a price...u shud check here for all the prices of various soind cards...and plz mention a budget too

Check here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=96218

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
try to reseat the sound card...at least once..if possible.clean out the jack port..using a ear bud..! Could have faulty cables too.!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
Yeah...onboard sound wil handle ur queries...download software like SRS Audio or DFX if u want(helps a lott lott lottttttt)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom