Sound-Is it too Loud???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Hi guys, just wondering ,we all love musics:D, but are we listening to the high decibels produced by Music Phones and players? I am not talking about the loudspeaker but the one which easily attach into our ears and keep us entertained and refresh everytime. yeh, i know there are headphones available which prevents it to produce sounds beond limit but Does any one know how can we find out the desibels we are hearing:confused: may be with some softwares, it would be better if its available for phones too.

Thank U all

K

krazyfrog

Why do you need such a software? Wouldn't it be better if you instead relied on your ears to tell you whether you're listening at appropriate volume on not? If you feel discomfort after listening for a few minutes, you're definitely listening at higher volume than needed. Even though this sounds strange, just listen to your ears. If you hear them complaining, turn down that knob. I find this better than relying on a software which will just show the numbers instead of the real picture.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
krazyfrog said:
Why do you need such a software? Wouldn't it be better if you instead relied on your ears to tell you whether you're listening at appropriate volume on not? If you feel discomfort after listening for a few minutes, you're definitely listening at higher volume than needed. Even though this sounds strange, just listen to your ears. If you hear them complaining, turn down that knob. I find this better than relying on a software which will just show the numbers instead of the real picture.
Nice Explanation
+1

OP
JamesTryForYou

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
I am happy with your replies but this was not the answer i was waiting for.. Ok anyway its all way round to finally use a good ear phone with noise reduction and which would produce sound within limit,cuz those who are mostly outdoors increase their earpiece volume to cut off any incomming noise. Anyone can tell me which brands are better and affordable(<3000). Ok is there any pair of bluetooth headset availble? then please tell me its cost and wich brand to rely on.
Thank you once again for your answers

K

krazyfrog

^^ Noise cancelling headphones from reputed companies won't come under 3000. But i think Sony has launched a new noise cancelling headphone in India. You can check it out at www.sonyindia.co.in > Personal audio section. It'll come under 3k. Dunno about the sound quality though, but will be good considering Sony's past record. You can also check out Sony's Fontopia range of earphones. These aren't exactly noise cancelling type, but are decent for blocking out most noises. They can be purchased from shops selling foreign goods.
In bluetooth headsets, there aren't any proper noise cancelling types available right now, but you can check out Sony Ericsson's HBH-DS970. Its a stereo bluetooth headset with decent noise cancelling properties. You can check its review here:*www.mobile-review.com/review/sonyericsson-hbh-ds970-en.shtml
But it won't come under 3k.

Pathik

Google Bot
the headfones ll block out only external noise... not the one wich s playin....
try in-ear earfones... they block out unwanted noise to a large extent....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom