Sound Card for Professional DJing

Status
Not open for further replies.

twister

Right off the assembly line
Can anybody help me to find the best soundcard for professional Djing.I want to use the Desktop Computer for Djing.

Regards

Twister.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
welcome to the forums mate! Well I already do what you lookin to do! You dont need any special sound cards.Anything which supports 5.1 surround sound and above will do. What you will actually need is dual sound cards. One for the DJ headset and one which is the actual sound output. Usually all motherboards nowadays comes with a built in sound card. Get that and also a decent sound card such as the Creative Vibra. Thats what I got. By the way what software are you planning to use for DJing ?

G

gxsaurav

DJ & Audio, belive me Audigy 2 ZS isn't that good, get a M-Audio Sound Card, based on Via Envy24HT Codec, it's the best for Music creation, also look at their other product

Also buy a Hercules DJ console, preety good

Get their Revolution 5.1 if U want to DJ with your PC, insted their sampler or external products, preamps are good too, but nothing beats Revolution 5.1 for Music creation in PC

*www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Revolution51-main.html

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
do u really want to be a pro??
if yes, then PCs r no good, believe me, i've tried it.
Dj'ing is all about Multitasking(ex: adjusting pitch and crossfading together) PCs got only 1 mouse and only 1 programs can be used at once. so it's better to go for Pro Dj Gear(*www.planetdj.com) and let computers be just a part of it.
Mouse pointers dont move as accurately as your hands(in scratching, using mixers,stylus, crossfaders)

and if it's just a short term thing.... then only go for PC

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
club_pranay said:
do u really want to be a pro??
if yes, then PCs r no good, believe me, i've tried it.
Dj'ing is all about Multitasking(ex: adjusting pitch and crossfading together) PCs got only 1 mouse and only 1 programs can be used at once. so it's better to go for Pro Dj Gear(*www.planetdj.com) and let computers be just a part of it.
Mouse pointers dont move as accurately as your hands(in scratching, using mixers,stylus, crossfaders)

and if it's just a short term thing.... then only go for PC

Dude...u must be doing something wrong. First...most softwares for DJing supports keyboard short cuts...use them and its damn good. Second sofwares such as traktor DJ studio and DSS DJ offer one click beat matching pich bending , added effects such as flangers and so on, looping to precise locations, cue sheets, playlist supports and millions more. I have been using for all the private parties I DJ in mate...I have never had ne issues till date!

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
hey Icecool bro!!
can u please tell me how to do a perfect scratch(with TT & CF effects) using keyboads
as i said earlier everything can't be left to computers

a mouse, keyboard can never replace the vinyls, switches and controlers (used by hand)

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
club_pranay

like with all tools - including professional DJ kits - it takes time to learn. Try Traktor DJ studio. It has all that ur askin for plus plenty of practice. I have DJ decks myself. CD based. and I tell u they will replace vinyls in the near future. MinistryOfSound (the biggest name in the club universe) D;s have already started using CD based DJ decks. And I tell u , u wont notice the difference. I basically started exploring software based ones cos the Decks were heavy and it was difficult carryin it around and the CD decks...now its laptop based with dual sound cards...works neat mate!

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
thanx for the advice bro, will try to upgrade to it(well, it depends on the guys i work with)
as every thing i have is not mine(sponsored)
i have to manage in whatever is given to me, but till now i only got the best.
hope it gets better.

and ya 1 more thing...which slip-pads u use? the ones i use gets worn out only after 2 or 3 sessions.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well I got my DJ decks from the UK a while ago...and I havent reall had ne problems with the pads...also since I play in private parties mostly its just pure mixing I stick to and none of my own stuff.... also depends on what kinda music u play...I play predominantly house music...so u knw the score !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom