Sound Card Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
My friend has HCL Busybee 2000 (P III 500MHz with 810 based mobo). I recently installed WinXP on his machine. Now the problem is that WinXP did not loaded sound drivers on own....and he don't know the exact model number of his soundchip.........he's running his PC without sound for a week. What should I do if I want to know which soundchip his mobo has..?? Is there any utility for this..?? I "guess" it's Yamaha soundchip (but not sure). Please help me.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
run DXDIAG in the run menu and it will tell the type of sound available mostly correct, else some benchmarks find that out...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Seeing from the motherboard which is Intel 810 i say it would be the Onboard Ac97 sound present on his board,though even i dont guarantee it as most of the Intel 810 that i have seen have Ac97 onboard audio.Anyways you can use Everest from Lavalys to have a check through your friends entire Hardware components.Here's the link *www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en
Also it would be better if your friend had a Driver disc inserted and then specify the Sound drivers from there itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom