Sound 4 My Earz

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Digitall Charisma

Simple task but difficult choice is what I have in mind. I'm in dire need for the views of you all.
I want to buy good quality speakers. Considering the rapid price drops in the Indian IT Market, I think I want to go for atleast a 4.1 OR 5.1 system. Tried to investigate about Intex and then Creative (what i got nearby) but then thought I should discuss it with you guys first before shedding my (damn) hard earned money. Suggest me some more choices and before posting keep in mind that my budget is 2K - 2.5K.
Also can you all tell me what is your opinion about speakers from "e-life". In the shop where I went it looked promising but I doubted it just because of its sheer lack of popularity.

awaiting your comments
Digitall Charisma...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
I think u should increase ur budget to get a good quality 4.1/5.1 speakers. At ur budget you will surely get a 5.1 speaker but it would not be upto the mark.
Anyhow creative inspire 5200 5.1 are good and excellent value for money system. Price around 4-5K.

Another thing I would suggest you would be that u can buy Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 channel speaker for around 3K. U will have to listen to these to believe the sound quality. If you buy it u will not regret ur decision.

Regarding "e-life" haven't heard anything about it.

One suggestion for me is that u are spending ur hard earned money, so just don't but any thing like INTEX, MERCURY etc. If a good 5.1 system cost a little more then wait, save some more money and then buy a good system. Rest ur decision.

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

Prior to all this I had decided, out of frustration, that I would go for headphones(near about 1K) but yesterday evening after a walk & visit to some shops I decided that yes I can get a 4.1 speaker system finely within 2000 - 2300 rupees. I have been after this for a long time and so waiting for the better to come is a never ending task. More than my zeal I think I should not give any more time to this 'speakers chaos' but become decisive.

With the goods seen in Digit I always had in mind Creative or Altec Lansing and I was ready to pay a little bit extra for the brand name. But I have seen Intex 4.1 performing and you have to admit they don't disappoint. You will always love the better one once you see it(hear it that is) and if you fancy your dreams your target will be set on a 4.1 then a 5.1 then a 6.1 and ...

But when you have to put your hands in ur pocket your dreams crash. I don't want to break my heart with all of that. I had a Frontech 2.1 since I bought my pc (near about 6 years ago) even before upgrading in 2004. So lets stick to 4.1 if 5.1 demands more bucks to be shelled out.

If Creative or Altec Lansing can give me something like that it will be nothing short of getting a visa to AudioLand. If no then probably I have to go for the lesser named-ones. I have never listened to the Creative or Altec Lansing. So if, according to john_the_ultimate, the difference in sound is huge then you sure are making me think twice.

Thanks for your views and Keep Posting
Digitall Charisma

[P.S.: Help me reach a decision fast ]

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Never go for INTEX they soung great in the beginning but they start to develop faults regularly after a sort interval of time. Get a Creative Inspire 5200.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I honestly don't see the point in getting a 4.1 system. You might as well spend that money on a quality 2.1 system instead or save up some more to buy a 5.1 system.If you absolutely must have a 5.1 set, then you should indeed save up a little more in order to get brands such as Creative, Altec, Logitech, etc. Like everyone else, I would suggest staying away from Intex. To re-iterate, if you can't afford a good 5.1 system at this point, either wait, or get a 2.1 system from Altec/Logitech/Creative.

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

Alright INTEX is out of my list of choices. Thnx.

About Creative Inspire 5200, whats the price? An approx. value will do.

Secondly what does Altec has to offer me. I mean can ne1 give me the model numbers.[Please do remember my ability to spend while posting.]

And same for Logitech. Haven't heard about them big. Any specific model to look out for which will fit my budget?

yours truly
Digitall Charisma...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
For 2.1 speaker:
1) Altec Lansing ATP3 -> 3K
2) Logitech X-230-> Don't know the price
3) Creative Inspire 2500-> 1.8-2K

For 5.1 speaker:
1) Creative Inspire 5200-> 4-5K
2) Altec Lansing 251-> 4.5K
3) Artis S5500R-> 4K

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
IMO list out Intex, Frontech, Mercury, i-ball, Typhoon etc.
Stick to Altec Lansing, creative, logitech, high end Artis.
Also check if the 4.1 sys is an actual 4.1 not 2.1 and 2 speakers in parallel.

Rajesh_81

Broken In
Ok

Altec Lansing splits the sound into different speakers very correctly and the sound experience is better than Creative.

Creative sucks .They sound a bit good until mid volume/bass.At high bass they suck.The sound splitting sucks.Only their Megaworks model will not have these deficiencies.BUt costly.

And also some models dont have treble option also.The wired remote on the creative speakers sucks.

Dint heard Logitech.

Intex sound quality is very bad.When you listen to ALtec Lansing then you will know the quality.

Frontech sounds good but no splitting of sound.

But Most of these speakers have Treble option.ANd will sound good.

Mercury always give very high RMS to subwoofer and dont care about Satellites.Doesnt give correct surround sound.

Ok

DOnt ever go for Creative Inspire 2.1
-bass is not of clear quality
-donsnt sound good at high volumes/bass
-Frontech 2.1 will sound much much better than this crap
-No treble button sucks
-the wired remote looks very cheap

And also DOnt go for Altec Lansing 151 model(5.1)
These are underpowered 2.1 speakers made to virtually work as 5.1 speakers .The sound clarity is good but the thumps are down.

Since your budget is nominal
I suggest you go for
Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 - rs 2800 (has treble button,downfiring)
Altec Lansing 251 5.1 90w RMS - rs 3800

I think 251 model is discontinued product.So check,
Other than these
look frontech speakers.
Listen to them under high and low volumes and choose the better .

OP
D

Digitall Charisma

DOnt ever go for Creative Inspire 2.1
-bass is not of clear quality
-donsnt sound good at high volumes/bass
-Frontech 2.1 will sound much much better than this ****
-No treble button sucks
-the wired remote looks very cheap

And also DOnt go for Altec Lansing 151 model(5.1)
These are underpowered 2.1 speakers made to virtually work as 5.1 speakers .The sound clarity is good but the thumps are down.

Since your budget is nominal
I suggest you go for
Altec Lansing ATP3 2.1 - rs 2800 (has treble button,downfiring)
Altec Lansing 251 5.1 90w RMS - rs 3800

I think 251 model is discontinued product.So check,
Other than these
look frontech speakers.
Listen to them under high and low volumes and choose the better .

Alright thats called damn good info. One question, tis true I havnt heard AltecLansing 2.1 systems, but can you assure me that I am gonna get Intex 4.1 speakers like sound from my future-AltecLansing 2.1 system.

This done I'm all set.

Post your replies please

Digitall Charisma...

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
Altec way better then INTEX. See 2.1 is not same as 4.1 but if u are seriously concerned about sound quality then buy ALTEC ATP3 no second thoughts.

I am using ALTEC (bought recently) and also have MERCURY HT5800R 5.1 channel speaker(got as b'day gift 2 years back), must say the quality of sound is crisp and clear and the bass is thumping and not just loud boom which I get from MERCURY.
Moreover the MERCURY crack at high volume but the ALTEC doesn't.

So go for ALTEC.

Rajesh_81

Broken In
Digitall Charisma said:
Alright thats called damn good info. One question, tis true I havnt heard AltecLansing 2.1 systems, but can you assure me that I am gonna get Intex 4.1 speakers like sound from my future-AltecLansing 2.1 system.

This done I'm all set.

Post your replies please

Digitall Charisma...
Look you cant compare 2.1 to 4.1
Always specify model numbers.DOnt just say intex ,altec etc..
there are many different 2.1 models in intex and as the RMS watts increases the quality also increases.
*www.intextechnologies.com

If you compare the cheap models from both intex,altec then also altec will sound good.
both will have their disadvantages.
Altec - No treble button
intex - sound clarity will suck

U can compare this frontech model
*www.andhraonline.com/index.php?mai...s_id=2208&id=db64f0794048ca38f3bfc82d0892ea51
to Altec lansing ATP3

each are 2.1 models but costly ones and both will rock but altec lansing has downfiring bass in ATP3 so it will sound much better.But there is a lot of cost difference. Altec ATP3 is too costly.It shud have been priced around 2000Rs.

ok in low price category for 2.1 look for these
1)Intex 2600W - Rs 1300 (4" subwoofer driver, 3" satellites drivers)
*www.intextechnologies.com/dproduct_left.asp?cat=Speakers&sub=Subwoofer&pro=2600%20W%20(Blaster)
2)aLTEC LANSING AVS300 - Rs 1200 (3" subwoofer driver,no treble)
*alteclansing.com/product_details_intl.asp?pID=AVS300&region=asiapac&country_code=in

in medium price 2.1
1)Go for Altec lansing ATP3 - rs 2800

in low price 5.1
1)Altec lansing 251 - Rs 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom