SOS-Help required with AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

del_x

Broken In
Hello guys,
I just bought an Athlon XP 2600 to go with my ASUS A7N8X Mobo today.
I had heard that installation of Athlons is very difficult so i went to some sites and got some installation videos downloaded,it seemed pretty easy in those videos so i was pretty confident and sat down to install the processor that went fine then it was the turn of the heat sink i clamped one side with the clips then went on to clamp the other side.............
Thats where i paniked the damn clamp just didnt come down smoothly i applied some force but was still not successful i left the processor as is and removed the heat sink as i didnt want to take the risk of damaging the processor..
Does anyone of u know where in mumbai can i get the heat sink fixed?
And since i removed the heat sink i will also need to re-apply the thermal paste does ne one know of a good quality paste available here.
I would be very appreciative of any help on this matter.
Thanx.

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Dont think there is any problem with ur fan/heatsink.
Its just that the amd cpu n heatsink is a little dificult to install compared to intel cpus.
When i purchaesed my system at lammy.rd. had my mobo n cpu mounted in the cabinet from my vendor cause i had to carry it all the way to boriwali.
And now when i tried to dissemble my system for cleaning i am not
able unmount my Fan/Heatsink .
I even checked the manual but in vain n i m afraid to apply more pressure due to fear that the chip might crack.
The thermal paste is available with any vendor at Lamington road.

krish

Journeyman
It is really easy if you try to do it yourself. Just put one side of the clips into place and then let the heatsink rest in its correct position. Do not tilt the heatsink. Then holding the heatsink (use a screwdriver with thin bit), put the screw driver's head into the plastic thing on the other side of the clips. Use the screw driver to apply some pressure. Then to your surprise you will find that the clips will fit with a real ease!!!

OP
D

del_x

Broken In
I tried it but it doesnt go right down to the clamps and i have to apply a lot of pressure on the clips to get it into the clamps i'm really scared of damaging the processor.
Is there any place that i can get it done?

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
Buddy after you fix the processor don't forget to connect the cpu fan's supply. Else ur CPU will be a tost.
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom