SOS Children launches Wikipedia for Schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Volunteers at the English Wikipedia and SOS Children have launched The Wikipedia Selection for Schools. The Selection is about the size of a 15 volume encyclopaedia with 24,000 pictures, 14 million words and articles on 4,625 topics. It includes the best of Wikipedia as well as many thousands of pages of extra material specifically selected to be of interest to children who follow the UK National Curriculum and similar curricula elsewhere in the world.

*The selection is organised around National Curriculum subjects
*The articles have been cleaned up and checked for suitability for children
*Available for free as BitTorrent download (2.5GB compressed with full size images) or HTTP download (792MB compressed with only thumbnail images) or on DVD from SOS Children’s offices.
Source: *www.soschildrensvillages.org.uk/charity-news/wikipedia-for-schools.htm

I have the above with me as a DVD. Those of you who are interested in obtaining a personal copy may contact me by email or telephone for the same. The charges are Rs. 30 per DVD plus shipping as actuals. No shipping/delivery charges if you come and pick it up in person from my office.
Discounts for media replacement will not be entertained.

Last edited:
I think it will be better to move this to the technology news or the OSS section.

PS: I am downloading the torrent. Any helpers here? We can do a huge BSNL-500 powered download at full speed during nights :D

BUMP!

Can anyone in bangalore download this ASAP and get it in a DVD for me ? I am ready to pay Rs. 60 for this. Its urgent. I need this today itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom