Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishekkalra

Broken In
hi guys,i m using winxp sp2 and a lancard for connecting internet.Driver for my network adapter which is ADMtek AN983 10/100 PCI ADAPTER r automatically installed when i installed my windows as i m using sp2. but the prob comes when i shut down windows and restart my system. the system is hanged on the boot screen. now i start my system in safe mode. it boots perfectely .now i look 4 my network adapter . i found 5-6 new adapters installed automatically like WAN miniport 1, WAN miniport 2 and likewise.i tried 2 uninstall them but cudnt. it says"cannot uninstall adapter, required for booting up ur machin".
now u guys plzz help me out with this prob..
thanx in advance who helps me....

d

Journeyman
to be honest, don't know really wht could be causing the prob....try this out, anyway - remove the lan card, and boot up windows...now try doing a system restore to the pre-lan-card state, and install again.

go into bios and see if there's a conflict of IRQ's, i.e if the same thing happens again, boot into safe mode, go to device manager and note down the irq's of the wan miniports. now go into bios and check if some other device is having the same irq. if yes, see if you can forcibly assign a different irq for the device or the wan miniport.

btw, post wtvr hpns on the forum, plzz...i'm not sure tho :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom