Soooo hot !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dink2cool

Broken In
Ok guys .. here's the prob .. yesterday i was working on my pc and i enterded my comp's bios .. there i noticed that the cpu temperature was about 57 degrees celcius .. my processor is amd athlon xp 2200+ .. i haven't ever noticed my cpu temp b4 so i dunno whether this is ok or not .. can u guys help me out .. what could b possibly wrong ??? help me out guys !!! Pllllzzz .....

phatratt

In the zone
open up the cabinet and check the fan running properly,there shuld'nt be any cables obstructing the airflow or dust accmulated on the fan.Make sure u have proper ventilation inside the cabinet.BTW,have u overclocked u cpu recently.

OP
Dink2cool

Dink2cool

Broken In
yeah i've opened up my cpu and no wires are obstructing the processor .. my cabinet is quite large and so there isn't any heating problems .. my room is also properly ventilated .. and no i havent overclcked my cpu .. i like to play safe .. especially since i've an amd processor i dont think its quite sane to overclock it as already amd in infamous for its heating probs .. do u think that the thermal paste on my processor might have dried up .. also plz tell me what your cpu temp these days .. maybe it is due to whacky changes in the environment :) i mean its getting far above normal temp these days

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Hey guys. My config is Amd 3200+ Asus A8n-e 1 gb ram and xfx geforce 6600gt. My prob is that one fan is not working. Temp goes to 57 max. while playing games. Bios says CHA1 Fan not deteced. Any help?

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@ Dink2cool
I think ur cpu temp. are fine. See this *www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/athlon-xp-2200.html

@ chirag
Which fan is not working? Pls specify. The temp. of 57C is a little high maybe if it was around 50-52C (when playing games/max load) then its fine. Have u overclocked?

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
The ASUS mobo's that I have seen for the Athlon XPs tend to show the temp as bout 10 degrees higher than actual. If you don't have one of those, try cleaning ur processor heatsink, tends to attract a lot of dust.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Well .. the AthlonXP tends to get a bit hot because of their design with an exposed core ..... 55c is pretty normal ... my AthlonXP 2400+ went to as high as 60c during gaming at summer .... the only way to cool things down is by lowering the ambient temps in the cabinet .. that can be achieved by intoducing more intake / outtake fans ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
chirag said:
Hey guys. My config is Amd 3200+ Asus A8n-e 1 gb ram and xfx geforce 6600gt. My prob is that one fan is not working. Temp goes to 57 max. while playing games. Bios says CHA1 Fan not deteced. Any help?

First, make sure You have connected a fan to the CHA1 connector in your Mobo. Secondly make sure that the fan is a 3 wire/3 pin fan and not an ordinary 2 pin fan. The third wire/pin is for the sensor without which it will not be detected.

The temp is on a little higher side. Make sure there are enough inlet and exhaust fans and their orientations are proper. Like the front lower one being inlet and the rear top one being exhaust.

also make sure that the HSF is properly seated.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Have u overclocked u r CPU.If yes then run it at the stock speed.Don't overuse it.Open u r side panel and run u r machine

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
hey..
i have a athlon64 3000+ on the standard heatsink..

I had over clocked it to 2.6ghz and during games, sanandreas specifically the temp reached 60degrees.... so i thought that this is due to overclocking so i set it back to standard (1.8ghz) but still the tempgoes to 58 degrees...
veltilation n stuff is good.(well i have two chasis fans installed)

mobo is a8n sli premium...

does anyone know what the standard temp should be while playing cpu/gfx intensive games...

ps the ideal temp is 48degs

zuala77

Broken In
hi

Ur temps there is not soo hot....dont worry......because in the Bios it usually gets high as u are booting up and everything is fireing up.......Just clean ur Heatsink with a dry Paint Brush.....and Clean ur Mobo Gently........Of course...if u wanna lower the tempt......Put one 120 mm fan........U should be allright there...

I am presently running Amd system.......

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
@rollercoaster
Ur temp. seems to be high, the threshold temp. for AMD64 3000+ maybe 65C but try to keep it below 60C.
Now try cleaning as zuala77 recommended.
It could also be possible that the cpu was not installed correctly, check this also.
My AMD64 3000+ overclocked to 2.7Ghz idles @ 40C and max load @ 54C on stock cooling.

bharat

Broken In
Dink2cool said:
Ok guys .. here's the prob .. yesterday i was working on my pc and i enterded my comp's bios .. there i noticed that the cpu temperature was about 57 degrees celcius .. my processor is amd athlon xp 2200+ .. i haven't ever noticed my cpu temp b4 so i dunno whether this is ok or not .. can u guys help me out .. what could b possibly wrong ??? help me out guys !!! Pllllzzz .....

my systems temp 58 gpu 50cpu 56motherbord
is it all right ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom