1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Soooo hot !!!

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by Dink2cool, May 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dink2cool

Dink2cool New Member

Ok guys .. here's the prob .. yesterday i was working on my pc and i enterded my comp's bios .. there i noticed that the cpu temperature was about 57 degrees celcius .. my processor is amd athlon xp 2200+ .. i haven't ever noticed my cpu temp b4 so i dunno whether this is ok or not .. can u guys help me out .. what could b possibly wrong ??? help me out guys !!! Pllllzzz .....

2. phatratt

phatratt New Member

open up the cabinet and check the fan running properly,there shuld'nt be any cables obstructing the airflow or dust accmulated on the fan.Make sure u have proper ventilation inside the cabinet.BTW,have u overclocked u cpu recently.

3. mario_pant

mario_pant New Member

r u joking dude... he is seeing the processor temp for the first time and u think he has overclocked it b4???:-?

4. OP
    OP
    Dink2cool

Dink2cool New Member

yeah i've opened up my cpu and no wires are obstructing the processor .. my cabinet is quite large and so there isn't any heating problems .. my room is also properly ventilated .. and no i havent overclcked my cpu .. i like to play safe .. especially since i've an amd processor i dont think its quite sane to overclock it as already amd in infamous for its heating probs .. do u think that the thermal paste on my processor might have dried up .. also plz tell me what your cpu temp these days .. maybe it is due to whacky changes in the environment :) i mean its getting far above normal temp these days

5. OP
    OP
    Dink2cool

Dink2cool New Member

dude ne1 there to solve my problem :(

6. Chirag

Chirag bang bang!

Hey guys. My config is Amd 3200+ Asus A8n-e 1 gb ram and xfx geforce 6600gt. My prob is that one fan is not working. Temp goes to 57 max. while playing games. Bios says CHA1 Fan not deteced. Any help?

7. john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate No pain....No gain

8. teknoPhobia

teknoPhobia t3h g04t

The ASUS mobo's that I have seen for the Athlon XPs tend to show the temp as bout 10 degrees higher than actual. If you don't have one of those, try cleaning ur processor heatsink, tends to attract a lot of dust.

9. deathvirus_me

deathvirus_me New Member

Well .. the AthlonXP tends to get a bit hot because of their design with an exposed core ..... 55c is pretty normal ... my AthlonXP 2400+ went to as high as 60c during gaming at summer .... the only way to cool things down is by lowering the ambient temps in the cabinet .. that can be achieved by intoducing more intake / outtake fans ...

10. janitha

janitha New Member

First, make sure You have connected a fan to the CHA1 connector in your Mobo. Secondly make sure that the fan is a 3 wire/3 pin fan and not an ordinary 2 pin fan. The third wire/pin is for the sensor without which it will not be detected.

The temp is on a little higher side. Make sure there are enough inlet and exhaust fans and their orientations are proper. Like the front lower one being inlet and the rear top one being exhaust.

also make sure that the HSF is properly seated.

11. samrulez

samrulez New Member

Have u overclocked u r CPU.If yes then run it at the stock speed.Don't overuse it.Open u r side panel and run u r machine

12. OP
    OP
    Dink2cool

Dink2cool New Member

@john_the_ultimate
    thanks man .. that solved my problem

13. Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster -The BlacKCoaT Operative-

hey..
    i have a athlon64 3000+ on the standard heatsink..

I had over clocked it to 2.6ghz and during games, sanandreas specifically the temp reached 60degrees.... so i thought that this is due to overclocking so i set it back to standard (1.8ghz) but still the tempgoes to 58 degrees...
    veltilation n stuff is good.(well i have two chasis fans installed)

mobo is a8n sli premium...

does anyone know what the standard temp should be while playing cpu/gfx intensive games...

ps the ideal temp is 48degs

14. zuala77

zuala77 New Member

hi

Ur temps there is not soo hot....dont worry......because in the Bios it usually gets high as u are booting up and everything is fireing up.......Just clean ur Heatsink with a dry Paint Brush.....and Clean ur Mobo Gently........Of course...if u wanna lower the tempt......Put one 120 mm fan........U should be allright there...

I am presently running Amd system.......

15. john_the_ultimate

john_the_ultimate No pain....No gain

@rollercoaster
    Ur temp. seems to be high, the threshold temp. for AMD64 3000+ maybe 65C but try to keep it below 60C.
    Now try cleaning as zuala77 recommended.
    It could also be possible that the cpu was not installed correctly, check this also.
    My AMD64 3000+ overclocked to 2.7Ghz idles @ 40C and max load @ 54C on stock cooling.

16. bharat

bharat New Member

my systems temp 58 gpu 50cpu 56motherbord
    is it all right ????

17. OP
    OP
    Dink2cool

Dink2cool New Member

u should read the link given by john_the_ultimate given in this post .. maybe that might help u

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.