SonyEricsson t630 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hi all,

im planning 2 buy sonyericsson t630....can any1 tell me whether its a good phone 2 buy......any response is highly appriciated.

thanx in advance

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
My father uses a T630 and it certainly is a good phone. But I guess you could better phones for the same price tag. Let me list out the pros and cons of this phone:

Pros:

+ Decent 65k display
+ 32 note polyphonic tones sound awesome
+ Fun games (V-Rally, Q*bert, and Mini Golf)
+ Fairly compact and light-weight
+ Dedicated buttons for Camera and Internet

Cons:

- Camera quality is poor: just 352x288 and interpolated 640x480
- Only 2MB of memory: combine that with a bad file system and your space gets eaten up real quick

You can go for this phone if you don't mind the cam and the low memory. But if the cam and the memory are a priority, look elsewhere.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hi Nemesis,

thanx 4 replying man, what r the other phones that i can buy in the same price range??? my priority for features r as follows: (in descending order)

1. gaming
2. camera
3. decent memory size

thanx in advance

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm whay do buy a old model? SE has k300 and k508i in almost the same price range.

Nokia N gage QD is good phone and is available in this price range.. it has good memory capacity with options to add extra space via MMC's also. It's a gaming deck so its' good for gaming no doubt. But it dont has a camera.

Or get yourself K508i which is a good phone as well..

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey guyz,

according 2 my knowledge here r the prices for se (in new delhi):

t640 - rs 7500
k700i - rs 12000 (i think it has 1hr or video recording)

i think 700i is outta my reach...i can spend around 7000-7500....any suggestions

aadipa

Padawan
I would suggest K500/K300 over T630

T630 is a old model, and though it has Bluetooth while K500/K300 don't have, there are many other things that matters.

K500/K300 have 12 MB memory, enough for many games and wallpapers/ringtones. It is not expandable but far better than T610/T630's 2MB, N6610i's 4MB and one of most popular nokia model, 6610's 640KB.

K500 and K300 both supports real Java 3D games with great sound which is not possile in T610/T630.

K500 and K300 have VGA camera (640x480) with video recording and 4x digital zoom.

K500 and K300 natively supports MP3 too. But considering memory of 12MB, it is better to restrict it to MP3 ringtones only.

So K500/K300 are best packages at given cost.

If u wanna increase ur budget little higher, Motorola E398 is ideal with expandable memory and good still camera (no video) and best sound in market and this phone comes with 64MB card too.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
but the e398 doesnt use a standard storage card. it used a sandisk card for external storage. availability and cost are major factors which are against it. also there is no support for video recording in that phone.

i think k300/k500 are ur best bet! but the t630 is a worthy contender too!

FasTrack

Journeyman
I have a T630.

Yes i totally agree that The camera is quite not up to the mark so is the memory.

Bought this for two reasons, Money and the want of a camera Phone, Thats all.

Right now, if you still havent decided upon what to buy i will suggest K750I

check it out here *www.sonyericsson.com/k750/

aadipa

Padawan
K750i is really a great phone. My friend won it from Sony Ericsson and I have used it so I can tell that.

But it costs around 19K and since PainKiller is tight on budget (not even ready for K700i @ 13K), I don't think it has any point to consider.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey all,

thanx 4 da replys...ok.....change of plans....im gonna buy a low end nokia/se/moto model for now n buy a 700i or e398 after two months (around diwali)...when i have more money (hopefully ;) ......so, which low-end model shud i buy for now.??? btw im thinkin of 1100........any suggestions

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey guyz n hopefully galz,

here r my short listed candidates 4 low end phone:

1. se t290i
2. se t230
3. moto c350e
4. dunno about nokia

basic requirement:
1. decent build quality
2. good battery + talk time
3. wap n usb support

what ya say?????

drgrudge

Dude, I said LG 1800 in my earlier post. It's better than any of the four phones that you have mentioned. Battery may not be as good as nokia's but better than moto or SE.

OP
PainKiller

PainKiller

thug for life...2pac
hey drgrudge,

agreed that lg 1800 is a great phone...but im not gonna spend rs.6700 on a phone considering that im gonna use it for just 2 months....so plz review my short listed phone n suggest one......thanxs

drgrudge

It's not 6.7k, It's 5.25k in LG dealers itself, so I guess we can get for a lesser price and in addition u get handsfree for free as well.

Or in case you dont want to choose LG 1800, then go for Nokia 3120.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
well man, t290 and t230 are essentially same phones (you'll see that t290 identifies itself as t230 in float's media agent)

anyway i think the t290i is the cheapest and best option for you (tho not a very great phone!)

blu_6779

Broken In
t290 and t230 are basically the same. Add the communicam MCA30 for 1.5-2k and you've got yourself a decent camphone :) takes better pics than t610/630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom