Sony Makes PSP-3000 Official

Status
Not open for further replies.

amitava82

MMO Addict
We knew the PSP-3000 was on the way, but now Sony has made it official. We don't have a full spec sheet yet, but the big two updates are going to be a new, brighter screen (for gaming in sunlight, which is currently impossible) and an integrated microphone (making those impromptu Skype chats a whole lot more practical). No word on US release yet, but the PSP-3000 will be available in Europe on October 15th for €199. Hopefully we'll have a better picture for you soon, but it looks a lot like the existing PSPs.
Ctrl+C

Brighter screen and microphone?! You gotta be kidding me.. :mad:

A viable piece of advice Sony: Do a bit of market research before releasing a new version of existing product. Unless you put 2 analog sticks, touch screen, bluetooth, internal storage, and a better browser; I'm not interested in that piece of junk. And no, no one is interested in Mylo 2.

And thank to all hax0rs who ruined PSP gaming market. Please stay away form PS3.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Ctrl+C

A viable piece of advice Sony: Do a bit of market research before releasing a new version of existing product. Unless you put 2 analog sticks, touch screen, bluetooth, internal storage, and a better browser; I'm not interested in that piece of junk. And no, no one is interested in Mylo 2.

And thank to all hax0rs who ruined PSP gaming market. Please stay away form PS3.

I totally agree with Amitava ! Currently , i m quite happy with my brand new PSP - 2000 ! :)

OP
amitava82

amitava82

MMO Addict
And I've been trying to sell it since last couple of months. Stupid ebay is not allowing since its modded.. wtf? Its now sitting in my trash box.

Dont worry your siggy will change very soon once you find out that there are only very few playable games. Thanks again to those hax0rs.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^looks like ps3 is next in line........you can hide but you can't escape(Haxxorz powers!).

PSP is a peice of junk really and unless they make it more of a PMP,its gonna get lost in no time.Internal storage is a must and so is a better control system,make it like the damn ps3 controller if you need to!

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
No major improvements , so be happy with the psp slim 2000.
i bought my Psp a month ago and trust me , YOU wont get bored!! Fine the range of games is not as wide as a xbox360 or ps3 , but for 9k, its simply superb! if you have more money and an hd tv , please buy the ps3. and no the ps3 DOESNT suck.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Ctrl+C

Ahhh, what were you expecting sony to make so much changes in current gen of PSP? Give two analog sticks and make it entirely different product in current PSP gen and alienate early buyers? no company wud do that (except apple, the iphone 3G) . Consoles sell because they promise a 5+ year cycle, no one wants to buy a revision every year. PSP games still are being designed keeping the phat PSP limitations in mind, then why the hell they will provide you with two analog sticks on a PSP, maybe in PSP2 it will be there (has to be).

If it was not homebrew, PSP wud be ****. Sony can not even provide a good music player to go with PSP or a good file browser, thx to homebrew many useful plugins and apps are available for the platform. Make a thread in bazaar section to sell your PSP i am sure somebody will be more than happy to buy. First you mod your PSP and then blame the hackers (if this is what you mean by hax0rs, my L337 friend).

Last edited:
Whats the real story wit+h the PSP ?
Is it lack of games or is it that sony is not developing games ?
And whats wrong with its firmware ? Is the browser and music player crap or something ?

I have a GameBoy Advance SP and I personally feel its the worst investment anyone can ever make. Surely Sony PSP is not worser than other crap from nintendo like NDS ?

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^
Due to piracy not much studios are willing to develop for the PSP(reports say, and its almost true). Still games keep coming :) .

Default software/ firmware and apps provided by sony are incomplete . Music player just plays files from folders and you can not make playlists or queue up music according to your wish and the worst part you can not access subfolders beyond one level. Fo example you can access content from 'ms0:/Music/English' but not from 'ms0:/Music/English/Abba'. Thats why you can not manage your albums in the PSP mem stick (but homebrew players solve this problem,not Sony). Although video player is good but lacks in format support and the subfolder access restriction is still there.

There is no inbuilt file manager by sony (but thanks to homebrew apps, its now possible to manage files from PSP, ie cut/copy/paste etc) . No good power save modes by sony, no theme support, and the list is long. Homebrew apps fix most of thee trouble, PSP is not worth money without installing CFw on it.

PSP iss far better than GBA, in fact i am playing NES+GBA+SEGA Genesis+PS1 games currently on PSP via emulation which is awesome for an handheld, and PSP game library is big enough to keep me occupied in future till PSP2 comes.

^ Hey Gaurav , ur siggy conversation is awesome ! :)

Happened with me in train three days ago. hehe.

Last edited:
OP
amitava82

amitava82

MMO Addict
If it was not homebrew, PSP wud be ****. Sony can not even provide a good music player to go with PSP or a good file browser, thx to homebrew many useful plugins and apps are available for the platform. Make a thread in bazaar section to sell your PSP i am sure somebody will be more than happy to buy. First you mod your PSP and then blame the hackers (if this is what you mean by hax0rs, my L337 friend).
Its piracy that turned PSP into a PMP. You expect developers to release games for it yet don't wanna pay for it. Why would developer be interested in releasing games when number of copies being sold are less than that being pirated. If you care enough then do little research then talk. Oh wait, why do you care? You are the one who is pirating.

I bet you didn't even pay for a single game. And yes I do own original games.

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
PSP homebrew is not just for games . i use that for reading pdfs in my psp , really . (i have 64 mb mspd :( ) hombrew is awsome .

and there are some good Homebrew games

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom