Sony introduces 50 GB BLUE RAY DISC

Status
Not open for further replies.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Sony has introduced a 50 GB Blue-Ray Disc, that is twice the capacity of a regular disc( dual-layer).
The capacity of a regular Blue-Ray disc is 25 GB. Sony Pictures has movies available
in Blue-ray fomat are 'Click', 'Black Hawk Down' ( available in Nov 14), 'Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby' (available in Dec 12).

Read more about it here

G

gxsaurav

lolzzz, that can hold times the collection or pron :D i got

seriously, do we neet that much Optical media space, right now

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
well that's what the point is , HD-DVD will be almost equal to a dvd in pricing and a single layer version will provide 15 GB space so it'll be much more cheaper . i think HD-DVD will win .

sabret00the

Youngling
Zeeshan Quireshi said:
well that's what the point is , HD-DVD will be almost equal to a dvd in pricing and a single layer version will provide 15 GB space so it'll be much more cheaper . i think HD-DVD will win .

u knw lets not make this another thread of HD-DVD vs. Blueray.Hey guys both have their share of advantages and disadvantages.Some of the big companies are backing up each of the technologies but one thing is for sure that both technologies are here to stay and only time will decide who will be the next best technology.As far as the world's largest PC manufacturer (I mean DeLL) is concerned they are backing Blueray so its future at this point of time seems to be more bright.

*www.blu-raydisc.com/assets/downloadablefile/040128-12765.pdf#search=%22world's%20largest%20pc%20manufacturer%22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom