Sony Erisson users

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
my friend has a Sony Ericsson K500i mobile
we r unable to transfer pics frm his mobile to his PC via IR
where can we get the software for the same?
the soft was not bundled with the phone!!!
the dealer also doesnt know abt the IR

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Naaa one doest require anysoftware to exchange the files. just make sure you infrared is working.
Go to the connectivity options and click Infrared on .
Now Make sure infrared drivers on the PC are loaded and recognised .
Now place the pc and phone front to front.
Infrared is on top on K500i if you want to know.
The Pc should recognise the Phone and give something like " Click here to send the files to k500i nereby computer ".
Or right click the file and Click Send to infrared device.
No you are still not done. You now will see the messege that Pc ( or something ) is trying to send you file . Click yes to accept ?
Click yes and you are then done . Find the files under , Sounds , Pictures , Games Etc.
Type of files sonyEricsson k500i will accept is jpg,gif,mp3,jar,
Best Luck

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
I`m not sure abt this ... :roll:

I have a T610 when i tried to transfer pics at first the same thing happened .

just change the name without any spaces or symbols .. :)

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
files get transferred from PC to Mobile but not vice-cersa

files get transferred from PC to Mobile but not vice-cersa....

another friend says that a software for the mobile from the mobile manufaturer is required ....

but the mobile manufaturer has not given him any software ...

transferring files from the PC to mobile in any case does not require any software ....

files from Mobile to PC does require one...

G

gxsaurav

you don't need any software to transfer files from the fone to computer, the SE File manager is not required at all I tried it, useless & slow.

Simply plug the IR adapter in the USB port, then wait for the device found dialog, then install drivers

Check if the infrared service is on in services.msc, if off then turn it on

now turn on IR in you cell, & place it near the IR adapter connected to PC, your PC will detect & ask for drivers for K500i series modem, ignore it or use windows update ot find them

then right click on the IR icon in the system tray & configure it to accept files from other computers, & specify a folder, by default it's desktop

After that click on a file in your fone, select Send via inreared, & place it near the adapter

I use the same trick with my K500i

IR is not supported by SE File manager for T610

allajunaki

Journeyman
goto Infrared Settings and Set the Option
'allow others to send files to your computer using infrared'
and 'Notify me when receiving files'

Thats should do it.. (Works wid my T610)

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
We did all this b4

We did all this b4

but any ways we ll try it again

thanks for all ur replies

hikapil

Journeyman
Where is USB Port in K500i ?

On most of the webites, in the reviwe of K500i it is written there that it has a USB Port.
Can any body here tell me where is USB port in K500i ?

If anyone can provide the photo, i will be really thankfull.

I also want to know what is the transfer speed of Irda from PC to mobile in respect of MB/ min, coz yesterday i transfered a 2.4 Mb mp3 file and it took about 6-7 minutes in that process.

Is that speed ok or is there any problem in my USB-Irda or Handset.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
Well.. I had that prob initially.. Try this one anyway.. Put ur Phone Manager software on startup.. You should have the phone manager software icon on your SysTray before u can transfer stuff from Mobile to PC..

Try this and let me know.. In my case, it worked.. (wid my 3660)..

aadipa

Padawan
For file transfer no extra software is needed

btw if u are having SE phone do geta copy of FMA [ *fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm ].....

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
does SE provide phone manager software??

SE does not provide phone manager software along with the phone

what to do in that case?

G

gxsaurav

U have to download it from their website, but it is quite useless, really U don't need it, if U want I will write U a compleate guide to setup K500i connection to PC to send files here

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
if nuthin works.. buy a usb data cable (imitations starts @ 900/-.. original @ 3000/-), stick it into the phone... USB port is under the phone..near the QUICKSHARE symbol; on it's bottom (pardon the pun)
Then try the cd provided with the cable.. install sw, after installation..in My Phones folder (on the desktop), search 4 K500i phone... if located.. go into this & voila.. there r ur files. U CAN UPLOAD OR DOWNLOAD THESE FILES IN & OUT OF THE PHONE

But the usb cable i got 900/-wala was damn slow.. most probably it was usb 1.0... so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom